Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cord-cutters. How are you watching the Olympics [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
High-Def signal from a $30 antenna taped to the wall behind my TV.

Yup - this is what I'm doing. It's almost free.
Quote Reply
Re: Cord-cutters. How are you watching the Olympics [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I don't have cable, but I would like to watch the Olympics. I did some Googling, but I didn't find anything definitive. We have Roku and Chrome stick if that helps.

I have cable now, so I don't know how things have changed in the last 6 months but Hulu looks promising. I also used Sling TV for a long time and it's decent. Last Olympics I was able to stream from the NBC app using my dad's cable password. I had cut cable for years, and you just have to be creative. Head to Buffalo Wild Wings when you go out and watch what you want, get together with a friend if you can, borrow a password to use the app on Roku. Antenna doesn't work worth a damn where I live, or I'd get rid of cable in a minute. But I when I moved in with my girlfriend she already had calbe, and I don't want to lose the sports that are so difficult to stream.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Cord-cutters. How are you watching the Olympics [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Plex - I use it for everything. https://cordcutter.plex.tv/.

I have an HDHomerun which uses the coax feed from my Cable but you don't have to do that - you can use over the air free TV, combined with PLEX's DVR. Very happy with Plex...
Quote Reply
Re: Cord-cutters. How are you watching the Olympics [techrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
techrunner wrote:
Check out Plex - I use it for everything. https://cordcutter.plex.tv/.

I have an HDHomerun which uses the coax feed from my Cable but you don't have to do that - you can use over the air free TV, combined with PLEX's DVR. Very happy with Plex...

This is what I do using an OTA HD antenna and it works great. It all runs very smooth on the Nvidia Shield.

Youtube TV is nice though. They also have the NBC Olympics channel for the extra coverage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have HULU Live TV ($40) a month. It includes NBC Sports and the Olympic Channel (where you can watch live coverage) and as far as I can tell, every event that was shown on any of the NBC stations last night is already available on demand.

John Hartpence, Athlete & Coach
tripence@gmail.com, @coachpence
Quote Reply

Prev Next