Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gift for a co-worker.
Quote | Reply
I called in a favor and asked a co-worker to work for me today. I wanted to watch the big game and she didn’t care, so I’m home and she’s in the lab.

I want to get her a little thank you gift for covering for me but I’m at a loss and can’t think of anything.

Help! :)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for a co-worker. [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend is vegan, so I just sent her some vegan hot cocoa and goodies as a thank you. Another isn’t vegan, so I sent her a gift of some locally made goodies as a thank you. Maybe find something that’s a treat and along the lines of what they usually like? If they like coffee, maybe a bag of beans from a local toaster & some chocolate. Maybe movie tickets and some candy in a little movie themed gift bag. Obviously my sweet tooth must be raging at the moment...

Nova wrote:
I called in a favor and asked a co-worker to work for me today. I wanted to watch the big game and she didn’t care, so I’m home and she’s in the lab.

I want to get her a little thank you gift for covering for me but I’m at a loss and can’t think of anything.

Quote Reply
Re: Gift for a co-worker. [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
A friend is vegan, so I just sent her some vegan hot cocoa and goodies as a thank you. Another isn’t vegan, so I sent her a gift of some locally made goodies as a thank you. Maybe find something that’s a treat and along the lines of what they usually like? If they like coffee, maybe a bag of beans from a local toaster & some chocolate. Maybe movie tickets and some candy in a little movie themed gift bag. Obviously my sweet tooth must be raging at the moment...

Nova wrote:

Thanks, those are some great ideas. I really like the coffee idea. I’ll have to find out what she likes. Maybe the movie tickets.

Thanks.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wine.
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for a co-worker. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Wine.

Nope. To easy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unique, phenomenal wine is not easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for a co-worker. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Unique, phenomenal wine is not easy.

True, but I have no idea what that may be.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:

Is this the one who owes you money?

Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
Nova wrote:

Nope. I don't talk to her anymore. I've written the money off as spent and never to be collected.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:

If you want to give her something little how about your dick in a box. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have lunch delivered to her today.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiosity why do you need to get her a gift?

My wife works hospital shifts as well and this happens all the time. Generally its trading shifts, so I'll scratch your back you scratch mine. If its picking up a shift and not a trade, the reward is extra in the paycheck or somewhere down the road you pickup for them.

Only time my wife ever thought about giving something was when someone picked up her Christmas morning shift. Only time someone gave her something was buying her a coffee/tea at Starbucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
travelmama wrote:
Nova wrote:

Nope. I don't talk to her anymore. I've written the money off as spent and never to be collected.

It was probably money well spent.

Doesn't matter if it is easy, the fact that you get her anything will matter. Coffee, lunch, etc. I'd avoid alcohol gifts at work.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for a co-worker. [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Just out of curiosity why do you need to get her a gift?

My wife works hospital shifts as well and this happens all the time. Generally its trading shifts, so I'll scratch your back you scratch mine. If its picking up a shift and not a trade, the reward is extra in the paycheck or somewhere down the road you pickup for them.

Only time my wife ever thought about giving something was when someone picked up her Christmas morning shift. Only time someone gave her something was buying her a coffee/tea at Starbucks.

If it was a normal day, I probably would just buy her a coffee and call it a day, but it was the big game Sunday. I don't think she was gonna watch, but she covered for me. Plus, she did me a favor, I wanna say thank you.

Quote Reply
Re: Gift for a co-worker. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Nova wrote:
travelmama wrote:
Nova wrote:

It was probably money well spent.

Doesn't matter if it is easy, the fact that you get her anything will matter. Coffee, lunch, etc. I'd avoid alcohol gifts at work.

MWR has some great ideas. I'll probably go with the movie tickets. I was thinking of getting a nice popcorn bowl and filling it with some hot cocoa and some microwave popcorn. I could some candy to top it off. A perfect movie night in.

Last edited by: Nova: Feb 5, 18 8:54
Quote Reply