Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Air purifiers???
Quote | Reply
I have started snoring a bit more and noticing minor sinus issues since we got dogs about two years ago. They (two 20 pounders) usually sleep in our bedroom 3-4 nights a week, but aren't in there any other time as we keep it gated off. The bedroom has carpet whereas the rest of the house has ceramic tile or laminate flooring with the exception of study and kids bedrooms. The only other carpeted room where they are allowed is my son's room which has odors of its own since he is a stinky 20 year old. :)

I've been thinking about getting an air purifier for my bedroom at night, and intermittently used in the living room and my son's room. I need something that can support a 300sf room at a minimum. Anyone got any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Air purifiers??? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.myhealthbeijing.com/...rmb-my-test-results/

read this by Us Md in beijing

he does not believe the more you spend the better they are

dont trust the built in ppm measurement

get a laser egg seperately

i have one in beijing. if i stay on here i will get one for each room

do not use auto settings
Quote Reply
Re: Air purifiers??? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
http://www.myhealthbeijing.com/china-public-health/the-best-air-purifiers-under-1000-rmb-my-test-results/

Beat me to it - this is what I was going to recommend.
Link there to this one as well - http://www.myhealthbeijing.com/...mb-diy-air-purifier/ - basically, get a HEPA filter and a fan and you're good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What type of heating/cooling system do you have in your house? If you have a ducted heating/cooling sytem, you would be better of with a bi polar ionization machine tied into your ductwork. Will clean the air in your entire house rather than just particular rooms. Not talking about something like the ionic breeze. Several commercial companies make high quality ionizers that don't produce ozone. The ionizers will also kill mold and viruses. Hepa filters won't do that.

What the beijing report stated was correct. For better filtration, all you really need is a very good filter and a fan big enough to handle the resistance from the filter. The more efficient the filter 85%, 90%, 99.99%, the tighter woven the fabric is and the greater resistance to air through it. So you need a fan capable of overcoming that resistance. You also need a fan large enough to give you enough air changes per hour in your room.
Quote Reply
Re: Air purifiers??? [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have a central heating/air system with ducts. The system doesn't run much in the mild weather, so we would have to have the fan run constantly or remember to run it so that it exchanged the air. Still, it looks interesting and I have started reading about the bi polar ionization systems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I have started snoring a bit more and noticing minor sinus issues since we got dogs about two years ago. They (two 20 pounders) usually sleep in our bedroom 3-4 nights a week, but aren't in there any other time as we keep it gated off. The bedroom has carpet whereas the rest of the house has ceramic tile or laminate flooring with the exception of study and kids bedrooms. The only other carpeted room where they are allowed is my son's room which has odors of its own since he is a stinky 20 year old. :)

I've been thinking about getting an air purifier for my bedroom at night, and intermittently used in the living room and my son's room. I need something that can support a 300sf room at a minimum. Anyone got any recommendations?

I did my research many years ago, I just actually bought a second one of these. Like anything I go a little nuts on research and a big part of my decision was based on Consumer Reports along with some efficiency calculations I did - I do try to be very green. Thankfully being green is also good for the pocketbook. This isn't the sleekest looking thing. I have had BlueAir and other units, but for 300 sq feet you can't beat this one. It is True Hepa of course.

Whirlpool AP25030K

also recommend

3M Ultragen 2800 - for the whole house. Yes your blower fan will have to work a tiny bit part harder, but I do feel ultimately the blower fan will be better protected by much better filtration and ultimately last longer

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Feb 4, 18 10:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
We have a central heating/air system with ducts. The system doesn't run much in the mild weather, so we would have to have the fan run constantly or remember to run it so that it exchanged the air. Still, it looks interesting and I have started reading about the bi polar ionization systems.

For the best filtration, you should run the fan constantly. If your dogs are your problem, they are shedding hair and dander all day. Running the fan only part of the time only helps part time.
Quote Reply