Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
I haven't watched it, too busy working my way through Babylon Berlin.

Just started watching it, absolutely great. Never realized how decadent Berlin was in 1929. Also like the English subtitles as I can try and improve my German.
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 "I really enjoy Joel Kinnaman"

Yeah I'll go ahead and say it. If you wake up in a knock off Blade Runner mumblecore cable sci fi show 250 years in the future and you absolutely have to choose a new skin...

That's a solid choice.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw S2 hit. need you nerds to binge it and let us know whether to waste our time or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
"I really enjoy Joel Kinnaman"

Yeah I'll go ahead and say it. If you wake up in a knock off Blade Runner mumblecore cable sci fi show 250 years in the future and you absolutely have to choose a new skin...

That's a solid choice.

Just started watching series one. The plot's a hairball, but the set design/actors/production values are top notch. Sometimes that's all you need.
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loved S1 so going to start on S2 tonight.

Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up, I liked the first season and was hoping it would be picked for more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Just saw S2 hit. need you nerds to binge it and let us know whether to waste our time or not.

Anthony Mackie (Falcon in Marvel movies) is the new lead. Simone Missick (Misty Knight from the Luke Cage Netflix) is in S2. I'll at least watch a few episodes for her.
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [jsivvy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsivvy wrote:
Loved S1 so going to start on S2 tonight.

I'm ready for season 2. Hope to get started this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I parsed out about an episode a night, thats how much I loved this 2nd season. I could easily have binged the entire thing in a day, but I took the tantric approach, and it was worth it..Poe the AI is my favorite character, they really developed him this 2nd season. Lots of great stuff, new characters who are old ones, and a few like the governor made for a really nice seasonal story line.

They definitely left it open for another season, really hope it gets the nod. Two thumbs up from me...
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished Season 2. Liked it even better than Season 1. Season 1 seemed darker. Liked the characters more this season.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried watching S2. Got a couple of episodes and realized I didn't care about any of the characters and was tired of following his story. I may give it another try in a few weeks as this is one I want to like. Hoping it just may be my mood of the week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
I tried watching S2. Got a couple of episodes and realized I didn't care about any of the characters and was tired of following his story. I may give it another try in a few weeks as this is one I want to like. Hoping it just may be my mood of the week.

same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
realized I didn't care about any of the characters

That happens to me more and more it seems. With Altered Carbon I found the governor to be attractive so maybe that's why I kept watching.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

Yeah, I thought season 2 was ok but not great. I also read the books and the series (both seasons) diverged quite a bit from those, and probably not in the best ways.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you need another fix, Netflix also has an animated stand-alone Altered Carbon movie queued up at the moment.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Sci-fi - Netflix - Altered Carbon [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
If you need another fix, Netflix also has an animated stand-alone Altered Carbon movie queued up at the moment.

Yep, saw that one too. It was ok. Kind of standard anime type stuff.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next