Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
knewbike wrote:
You should eat it and so should your kids.

I do most/all the cooking around here and would be perturbed if wife and kid chose a frozen pizza over my food.

Maybe take some cooking lessons?

The lesson would be that they get frozen pizza all the time.

I haven't had a frozen pizza in at least 15 years. Are they any good now?
Quote Reply
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
I don't think Ive had one in 20 years. Wife works at a supermarket in the frozen section and she says they are far and away their biggest sellers of any frozen food line.
So either they are great, or (fat) Australians have no sense of taste.
Im going to go with number 2
Quote Reply
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would eat it and if it wasn’t good I would ask that we not have that again.

She has tastebuds, she usually agrees with my assessment.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
JSA wrote:
knewbike wrote:

I do most/all the cooking around here and would be perturbed if wife and kid chose a frozen pizza over my food.

No, they still taste like shit but when the kids coming selling the things as a fund raiser...ewww so bad. Just ich. But yeah, if someone did that to me, I'd buy a stack of them and feed to them until they cried uncle or were morbidly obese.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The big brands, no.

There are a couple of Chicago pizzerias who sell frozen Chicago-style in small batches, and those are excellent. If I want that style of pizza and don’t want to drive an hour to the closest place with a good product, the frozen ones are a perfectly acceptable option. Other frozen pizzas are only a somewhat acceptable gut filler.

knewbike wrote:
JSA wrote:
knewbike wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
As the wife of a gluten free man- if your wife goes to the effort of making gluten free biscuits - which no matter what you tell yourself - taste like crap compared to regular biscuits - you definitely should not complain about her meal choice since she is damaging tooth enamel, spiking insulin production and eating less tasty food with limited nutritional value for you.

Was the frozen pizza gluten free? Because if you’re complaining about gluten in her cooking and scarfing down regular pizza you should send your wife flowers.

My wife avoids gluten but it doesn't hit her as hard as it does me. The pizza was a gluten free Udi's and biscuits were awesome. I thanked her for dinner and told her to save the biscuit recipe.
Quote Reply
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
[+X

Pizza Gluten Free?

Yes. Udi's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:

Both kids have strep and had soup for lunch so Mom suggested a frozen pizza.
Quote Reply
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
New Belgium actually does a halfway decent GF beer. I think it’s the same as Omission’s process, brewed with an enzyme to remove gluten, but better than Omission. If you can get it by you, Short’s, a fantastic Traverse City, Michigan craft brewery also has one called Space Rock. It’s actually excellent. No idea what their distribution is, though. I’m in Michigan and can get it at a million places.

I'm in Denver so I've seen their gluten free beer and wondered if it's any good. I'll give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having read all the replies on this thread I am shocked at how many of you should grow up and act like adults. When you are a child you don’t generally get to choose what you eat. When you are an adult, it’s ok to not like things.

Just be honest with your wife and tell her that it’s not your favourite dish. Say “thank you for making dinner. It’s cooked very well, but it’s never been my favourite thing.”

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Having read all the replies on this thread I am shocked at how many of you should grow up and act like adults. When you are a child you don’t generally get to choose what you eat. When you are an adult, it’s ok to not like things.

Just be honest with your wife and tell her that it’s not your favourite dish. Say “thank you for making dinner. It’s cooked very well, but it’s never been my favourite thing.”

That would fine under normal circumstances, but we have had non stop stress lately and spent the day dealing with two sick children. The two year old coughed so much and so hard he threw up on the way to the doctor. Sometimes acting like an adult is sacrificing what you want to bless your spouse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

That would fine under normal circumstances, but we have had non stop stress lately and spent the day dealing with two sick children. The two year old coughed so much and so hard he threw up on the way to the doctor. Sometimes acting like an adult is sacrificing what you want to bless your spouse.
Sometimes acting like an adult is acting like an adult even when you're exhausted and stressed out and maybe a little angry at your spouse over something, so you talk it out anyway rather than let it stew.

I don't have the kids in the equation but my wife and I differ on what constitutes a meal sometimes too. We switch off the cooking and at some point before food shopping we'll set a general plan for dinners that week, so we're already in agreement from the get-go on what might be on the table. Doesn't always work out that way but it's a start.

From there, I've had nights where she's cooked stuff I could barely stomach (eggplant burgers, almost made me vomit, are an example) and stuff that just wasn't enough 'meat and potatoes' for me--a couple times a soup, or a meatless lasagna that was heavy on starches and carbs but light on protein. Without exception I thank her for cooking (which I do whenever it's her night anyway), then say what wasn't really working for me, or even jsut heating up some other leftover or grabbing a granola bar or whatever, and suggesting next time we also add X to the meal.

doesn't have to be a fight but honesty goes a long way, imo.
Quote Reply
Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take the Homer Simpson approach when someone makes me a meal mmmm.....food....eat

Re: If your wife is cooking something for dinner that you don't like what do you do? [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll try almost anything once, but I draw the line at things like veggie burgers or worse salmon burgers. It's like a food trying masquerade as another food. A few times my wife had omitted the meat from something in an effort to be healthier. She didn't grow up with any brothers so I had to reminder her that men need meat.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I'll try almost anything once, but I draw the line at things like veggie burgers or worse salmon burgers. It's like a food trying masquerade as another food. A few times my wife had omitted the meat from something in an effort to be healthier. She didn't grow up with any brothers so I had to reminder her that men need meat.
I intentionally ordered a salmon burger from a decent restaurant with lots of beef options...I guess I tend to stick with healtier options myself which is probably why my wife and I don't butt heads with food that much.

But an eggplant burger is where I draw the line, and I remember having to keep myself from giving her a real dirty look when she served something with tofu in it. That artificial nonsense that tastes like a smelly sponge isn't real food, it's not even food my food eats (as Ron Swanson said) and it doesn't belong on a plate.
Quote Reply

Prev Next