Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wind River- a belated review
Quote | Reply
Treading in the purview of slowguy [but seeing no review and being as i was in Afghan when this movie came out]

Set in the Wind River tribal lands (Indian/First Nation/Aboriginal) of Wyoming USA. I gather the opening sequences were set there but much of the filmograghy was down in Utah. Still, stunning video of a great part of America less traveled in the winter season

Movie is basically a "who killed the girl" and it's not complicated. Which is good, as one of the Olsen twins plays the G-Woman called in to figure out a murder on Tribal lands in WY.

Jeremy Renner plays the local fish cop--and when he says "I hunt predators" you gotta take the man at his word. Graham Green moves his taciturn Indian role over from Longmire to play a BIA agency cop in this show and it is well done. In fact some of the best casting is native americans playing in [bleak] roles.

Solid show that basically builds up to a big shootout. No nudity other than a couple thong/butt shots-nor much cursing. Lots o violence in the big shoot out "why are you flanking me?" and some Hollywood bull shit with weapons effects

I post this only because the basic premise strikes close to home in terms of having a daughter lost to sexual violence (in our case we came close but fought our way back with much pain). So the premise is a girl lost but the underlaying story is the wholly bleak nature of life on Indian reservations.

The final scene about the death mask is poignant

45-70 is a very under rated caliber

take good care this weekend

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Wind River- a belated review [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not one of the Olsen twins. It's the twin's younger sister. The one who plays Scarlet Witch in the Avengers' movies.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply