Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Buzzwords, again
Quote | Reply
Reading some other people's stuff at work and the buzzword thing and using nouns as verbs is annoying me (way more than it should). I know there was another thread on this at some point but don't feel like looking it up. This is in the context of education...

I had to do a couple of reads to realize "conference" or "conferencing" with someone, just means meet with them.

"Community of Practice" is a huge buzzword right now.

Shorthand used as a verb. As in, I was able to shorthand the class. From the context I think it means accelerate or skip ahead.

Workshop as a verb.
Quote Reply
Re: Buzzwords, again [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a huge issue with people saying that expressions are buzzwords. ;-)

Related... what the hell does Community of Practice even mean?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Buzzwords, again [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The buzz phrase at my work this year is "must win battle". As in "this is definitely a must win battle" when referring to a target that needs to be met.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Buzzwords, again [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

It basically just means a group of people who share the same profession, or sometimes the same subspecialty within a profession.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Buzzwords, again [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

It basically just means a group of people who share the same profession, or sometimes the same subspecialty within a profession.

In this case it is being used in place of "students in the class" to make it sound like something is going on that makes them more than just the "students in the class".
Quote Reply