Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newbie questions on zwift, apple tv, and smart trainer
Quote | Reply
I have been using zwift on my pc for the past few weeks and I like how it keeps me motivated on weekday trainer rides. We recently got an apple TV and I want to switch from the PC to the TV.
Currently using my dumb trainer (road machine) with my PM and HRM, both of which are ANT+ only.

Plans are to get a smart trainer, but I would like to keep reading power from my PM and not from the trainer. Is it possible to do this?
I am aware I need an ANT+ to BLE bridge. but I also know these bridges don't support FE-C to control the trainer. So the idea is to connect the smart trainer directly to the Apple TV and the PM and HRM trough the bridge.

An last, any recommendations for a smart trainer?, want to keep the purchase at around $500.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie questions on zwift, apple tv, and smart trainer [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what's the point of getting a smart trainer if you don't want the power reading from it? Why not let your smart trainer drive the Zwift on AppleTV through native BT/BLE/FE-C, and read your power numbers from the PM on your computer (whatever you are using). In terms of smart trainer in your price range, Wahoo Kickr Snap and Tacx Vortex are good choice, and I've also heard good things about BKool.
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie questions on zwift, apple tv, and smart trainer [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
So what's the point of getting a smart trainer if you don't want the power reading from it? Why not let your smart trainer drive the Zwift on AppleTV through native BT/BLE/FE-C, and read your power numbers from the PM on your computer (whatever you are using). In terms of smart trainer in your price range, Wahoo Kickr Snap and Tacx Vortex are good choice, and I've also heard good things about BKool.

The trainer will be used by my wife too, she will make full use of all it's features. I'm just looking for more interaction with the adjustable resistance feature, but would like to keep getting my numbers from a single source (PM) regardless of where I ride. That being said, you made an excellent point, I can keep logging my workouts on my computer instead of syncing with zwift.
Thanks.
Quote Reply