Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finish Line Extreme Fluoro Grease - Water Resistance, Longevity etc
Quote | Reply
This weekend, as part of some off-season maintenance/upgrades and inspired by the "Friction Facts Bottom Bracket Bearings" report, I set about stripping apart the hubs and bearings on my road bike. The existing cartridge bearings were feeling fairly stiff, so I bought a whole new set of Enduro bearings, prised off the seals, flushed out all of the sticky stock grease and conservatively repacked them with some Finish Line Extreme Fluoro grease. After a lot of faffing with various presses, shims, spacers and drifts, I eventually managed to replace all of the bearings in my hubs and subjectively they feel a lot smoother and looser.

Whilst I was at it, I serviced my freehub, a Roval hub that uses the DT Swiss star ratchet internals and used the same Finish Line grease to lube this, my reasoning being that I didn't want a lighter, liquid lube (as I was using previously) to wash all of the Finish Line grease out of the new bearings that I'd just put in the hub and freehub body.

I'm just wondering about the likely longevity of the Finish Line Extreme Fluoro grease, in both the bearings and the freehub? It has a markedly different consistency to a regular sticky grease, so I was just wondering what to expect? Has anyone else tried this and how did it work out for you?
Quote Reply
Re: Finish Line Extreme Fluoro Grease - Water Resistance, Longevity etc [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well. Nearly 3 years later, wondering the same. How did this work out for the OP? Anyone else have thoughts?

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Quote Reply