Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power2max NG Eco firmware update
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had luck updating their Power2max NG Eco firmware with the android app? I get a failure every time, app version 0.17 and firmware 1.0.0 on the power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max NG Eco firmware update [cobra_kai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem, however it’s an easy fix. The app can’t pair to the pm if your phone already has done. To check this go into your phones Bluetooth settings, I bet the pm is there, delete the same than turn Bluetooth off. Give the pm a few mins to go to sleep then open up the app, that will turn Bluetooth back on, wake up the meter and have another go. That worked for me.. 👍
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max NG Eco firmware update [Neila] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks I'll give that a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this issue with my FSA Power Box (which is basically a P2M NG Eco). I spoke with their customer care for a while. Nothing fixed it. They have told me a new app update is coming out soon which will fix some of the issues people are having (including my issue: which is that the battery alert happens every time it connects).

Kent
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max NG Eco firmware update [Kent_NewZealand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how much they charge to upgrade powerbox? anyways to do this without android phone?
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max NG Eco firmware update [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is 50 euro per upgrade.

I was considering unlocking the Bluetooth, as I have previously had issues with ANT+ connecting to my computer, but the ANT+ signal has been excellent. Left right balance is interesting, but I don't find it very actionable. I understand pedal smoothness is a bit of a have. And I'm not interested in torque. So I am not sure I will be upgrading it.

In terms of connection, I am not sure, I have an android. I imagine you could get some kind of computer emu, maybe. But I understand they are working on an iOS version.

*Just my own unqualified views* There seems to be a real push in the power meter market to get new products out (potentially while profit margins stay high). This seems to be resulting in multiple companies releasing products that are arguably not finished. It is a bit of a shame. *There was a list here of my examples, but I have removed them. Needless to say I was considering buying Vector 3s*.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max NG Eco firmware update [Neila] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This ended up working for me, thanks for the suggestion! Although thinking about it I'm not sure why this is an issue. The power2max app already clearly grabbed the bluetooth connection because it is reading the ID and features and battery level. The only think I can think of is that when you start the upgrade process the app drops the bluetooth connection and android grabs it so the app can't get it back.

The upgrade seems to have fixed the battery level issue as it is now reading about 95% on a ~10 hours of use battery instead of the 50-60% it was reading before. I assume that will also fix the garmin low battery message but I didn't check that yet.
Last edited by: cobra_kai: Jan 28, 18 10:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a little odd, mine did the same. It seemed to grab the pm then failed the update. I mailed power2max who came straight back with that suggestion.
Quote Reply