Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
I found it funny that this happens when very few took ST's own Jordan to task for using a helmet and racewear that "just felt fast". Typical of this fickle audience and sadly the very thing that has caused many with so much to give to bail on us. There are ways to dispute or even debate, yet confrontation seems the favored way here. I enjoy a good fight, but the methods here sometimes go way beyond what is reasonable.

I am the first to point out Jordan's nonsense when it surfaces and for the same reason I promote calling out bullshit when it's spewed. Yeah, it's a shame that a bunch of dicks chased Chris Boardman off the forum, but confrontation is in general where we have the best and most entertaining dialogue.

Chris wasn’t chased off the forum. He just hardly ever posted and didn’t reply to anyone asking for any data. He posted over 3 ish years and did an interview with ST, he just only posted like 10 times total.

When you had Josh from Zipp and some other posters from companies that would post all the time and answer questions. Chris obviously didn’t care that much to be on here. This isn’t the medium for some people. The narrative on this gets more dramatic every time someone brings it up.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:(
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for setting it straight -- for the record, I wasn't there for that and was literally quoting someone who said he was "chased off the forum" a while back, but your telling supports my argument for moar conflict rather than less.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem. I was on the original thread that everyone brings up as chasing him off the forum... then he posted for another 2-3 years haha.

It really wasn’t bad he basically said his bikes are fast they tested them and they have fast riders. Then people asked for data and he didn’t reply to anyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

I feel like this thread is over.

To get back to the topic, they're showing a less expensive version of their bike that's likely more aero and certainly more adjustable. Maybe not Gucci enough for some, but pretty cool

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I agree with you. It's fine to disagree with Mark. I'm just saying let's not be assholes about it. We can do it politely and constructively.

^^^THIS. When you have someone, like Mark Allen, who has won the IM World Championship SIX freakin times, as well as many other races, I do not give a damn about data. I want to hear what he has to say. Its ok to disagree with him about it but too many people act like dicks when responding to his answers. The man has experience and we all can learn from his views.

I compare it to the medical world. We get all of these clinical trials, full of smart looking data, showing X drug is effective. Then, when that new "wonder" drug gets introduced into the real world, its performance does not match the results of the clinical trials. "Oh but the data says blah blah blah......". This is where experience and knowledge trump data and you have to be smart enough to know when to make the right decision (meaning shut up and listen and then make your own conclusion).
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here it is: https://shop.ventumracing.com/...mp;mc_eid=6a6f8ad9ae

Frame starts at $2850. Mechanical at $3500 and Di2 at $5500. This price is close to a P2/P3.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 15, 18 12:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that new? I saw that on Ventum 6 months ago...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just put it into the store for purchase.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Total let down...was hoping for something more funky.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
The goggles, dey do nothing! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is just ridiculous, why would someone by a slower bike for more money? A new P2 fully equipped can be had for $2500, this is priced at $2850 for frame only. Please explain why someone would buy this? This is why all I see at local races are Cervelo’s.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you know it's slower?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what you all think about that fork but it seems like a complete mismatch in design. The main frame looks to be the same as the One - just using a different fiber maybe - but that front looks really ugly. Neither the fork nor the stem match with the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
This is just ridiculous, why would someone by a slower bike for more money? A new P2 fully equipped can be had for $2500, this is priced at $2850 for frame only. Please explain why someone would buy this? This is why all I see at local races are Cervelo’s.

People bought Falcos (presumably due to 80's nostalgia), people will buy this abomination.

I completely agree with you. My P5 cost me less to build than this abortion.
Quote Reply

Prev Next