Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

THANK YOU ST.... SOLD in 2 days to one awesome guy! Thanks Shawn. SWilyman - AWESOME BUYER!
Quote | Reply
Medical issues for my running partner requires that I look to sell my Franken5... it's a beauty of a bike - and I love it...but love my pup more! ;-) . The bike has super low miles - as I have 3 bikes that I use.... and this bike was bought while waiting for my warranty replacement.

Looking for advice....

What is a good price to ask for this immaculate machine? It is pictured with my Zipp wheelset.... b

It has a Quarq on it - that I would probably like to keep...but could price it with it.
The Reynolds race wheels are barely used - and could also keep them as a spare set...
Upgraded ISM saddle
1st Gen Di2 (internally routed) but 10spd
Aduro bar with Magura brakes and beard

Thanks so much for any help ..... not desperate... and would want to get "fair value".

These are essentially the wheels that I have it right now...

Last edited by: jar70: Jan 26, 18 19:16
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing.....58cm P2 Franken5 [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think $500 is very fair. And yes, I guess I would buy it from you at that price. Let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing.....58cm P2 Franken5 [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re killing me. ... ;-) . I should tell the vet I’d pay $100 for the surgeries. ;-)

Last edited by: jar70: Jan 24, 18 11:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope its nothing too serious with your pupper. Good man putting them first!
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing.....58cm P2 Franken5 [JT_Dennen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...ya... just finished shelling out a few k for the other one and now 3 months later - the other one needs surgeries as well... Good thing they are cute! ;-)

Quote | Reply
I would look at recent p5 and P3 sales on eBay with comparable specs and probably price it closer to but less than a P5
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing.....58cm P2 Franken5 [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...ya, I have - the prices are over the shop though too... it's so hard sometimes - best to probably look at average selling prices... appreciate it.

It's just such a different setup - but is essentially a P5 ... for the most part...

Quote | Reply
My advice, piece it out.

You have a number of valuable parts there all combined but each of them is unique enough that the buyers are limited. Break the bike apart to get the most money out of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing.....58cm P2 Franken5 [robin, run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably good advice. This bike is like a unique house—find the right buyer and you could do very well. But finding the right buyer who can appreciate a P2-6 is not easy.

And, it just so happens, I may be interested in a few of your parts if you go that route...
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing.....58cm P2 Franken5 [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me know what you were thinking.. I would much rather sell it as a complete bike - as I think it is a unique bike. Best P2 colour scheme - in my opinion - and specd out nicely... but won't be cheap - but a good alternative to a P5? I am torn between selling my P5 or this one - as I almost prefer the look of this one... ;-) Here is an actual picture of it with wheels...

Quote | Reply
That is one sexy bike! I want that bike but unsure of fit, also unsure if wife would divorce me! If you have any idea on a price PM me! Might try to file taxes soon and use that money if she allows!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate to say it, but though I really admire the bike and the effort that went into, I don't think it commands much of a margin over a used P2/3, not the same price as a used P5.

Same thing as spending your soul, 5 years, and $100K restoring that '65 Mustang, and then discovering that you can only sell it for $60K (or whatever).

But good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike, but you have to piece it out. Making upgrades are typically for the owner, and rarely benefit the sale to any great degree. If you price this at or close to a P5 as was mentioned earlier, I can't imagine you having any luck with the sale. If you price it closer to a P2, you will lose everything you put into it. It's a pain, but either sale the P5, or piece this one out.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing.....58cm P2 Franken5 [foniks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the advice guys - I am the ever optimist... someone out there will appreciate the pieces - especially since it is hard to get the Aduro bars - they aren't sold retail... and so it makes that piece really unique. The other bits are whatever.

I think I have priced it out (in my head) without the Quarq (as I want to keep it) and the race wheels - I would sell the race wheels at a bit of a discount if someone bought it all together - but otherwise I'll keep them and use the Reynolds as my regular wheels.

So really it is between a P2 and a P5 in terms of what I hope to see... not unreasonable. And with Di2 shifting... so that is a plus for someone I'm sure.

We'll see... but appreciate your suggestions and if nothing happens on it - will definitely take your advice. Would be more inclined to do so if I got a number of messages together on the various pieces - would hate to piece it out and then have this or that part laying around and can't sell it - but maybe if I waited for the right buyer - they would have bought the entire package.

Cheers and thanks again!

Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM - your wife loves you - she wouldn't divorce you over this "necessary" purchase! ;-) . Here's hoping the refund is awesome!

Cheers!

JR

Quote | Reply
Annnnnnnd SOLD - complete bike. Shawn is going to rip up some races this year - check out his new ride in Victoria! ;-)

Thanks so much SWilyman! Pleasure working with you!