Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift w/multiple users?
Quote | Reply
I'm considering finally making the jump to a smart trainer and using Zwift. My wife has a hard time being motivated on the trainer, and I think Zwift would help her out. My question is would both my wife and I need separate accounts for Zwift? Can you have two users on the same account with two different profiles?

Thanks!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift w/multiple users? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you can have multiple profiles.
You could, I suppose, manually change the rider weight and FTP each time you log in but really you should probably have two accounts.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift w/multiple users? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
I don't think you can have multiple profiles.
You could, I suppose, manually change the rider weight and FTP each time you log in but really you should probably have two accounts.

this is what I currently do... it's just a pita when I do a faux race and my wife wants to use it afterwards. I basically have to leave my weight in there until the results are final, which kinda sucks for her. I've changed it a few times too quickly and my results get all screwed up in zwiftpower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, no way to do that through the app. For the sake of 10 bucks or whatever it is a month is it worth the hassle? Myself and the other half both have an account each as it just isn't worth the hassle of changing everything around three to four times a week for when we want to be on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I both have separate accounts which annoys me when she hasn't been on it in 6 months and I'm like are you gonna cancel or are we just gonna throw 10 dollars away every month. Also, when's the last time you went to LA Fitness and btw, how much is Orange Theory again? lol....sorry went off on a rant there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have stated, you have to have a separate account for each user. My wife and I have our own accounts, and login on our own devices because we train together (bikes side by side in the pain cave). It's pretty motivating to have a training partner right there. :)

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With one bike go for x1 account,if you have two trainers it will be fun to race\ride together
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift w/multiple users? [jmb667] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmb667 wrote:
As others have stated, you have to have a separate account for each user. My wife and I have our own accounts, and login on our own devices because we train together (bikes side by side in the pain cave). It's pretty motivating to have a training partner right there. :)

Our household is the same, though the need to have two devices is the big downside for us since we have one bigscreen tv hooked up to one computer, and only one of us can use that at a time with Zwift. I would love it if Zwift added something comparable to TR's companion app so that we could ride together each using separate accounts but one device. That would enable us to have two windows showing on the big tv, one for each of us. We're so used to looking at the big tv when we ride indoors that sometimes we don't ride Zwift together just for the sake of not having to have one of us using a small laptop screen while the other uses the bigscreen tv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I both have separate accounts. Personally, I think it would be a PITA to use the same account. Get your wife a 7 day free trial and tell her to give it a try. If she really likes it then it's worth the extra $15 a month. That's what I ended up doing and the she loved it.

Using a single account would screw up all sorts of things like PRs, FTP, and any linking you wanted to do to garmin connect, strava, training peaks, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just pull the trigger on 2 accounts. We decided that it was much less of a hassle and for the cost, totally worth it.
Quote Reply