Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I am a medical doctor. If I prescribe myself a PED and get a TUE, I am not cheating under the current rules. [darkwave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The “participation” group would be 6% of the numbers because of the slight that it has with athletes.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: I am a medical doctor. If I prescribe myself a PED and get a TUE, I am not cheating under the current rules. [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
but rather just the top 3, 5, or maybe at most 10, in each age group, in which case the 90% who aren't really racing anyway will never be bothered by drug testing, and indeed may well be oblivious to it happening since they are most likely still out on the course when the top guys are being tested. -------
But it's those 90% that you want to help fund the testing for 3/5/10 people per AG right? I mean testing AG's sounds really cool. Until you get down to the financials of it all. Who's going to pay for all this? The overwhelming majority that aren't interested or ever going to be tested or the people that finish in the spot to be tested?
I mean it makes a great idea....Want to make Kona- pay for your own drug test with the KQ result. Don't want to go to Kona, then don't get tested.

Certainly, you could use some portion of the 90%'s annual USAT fees to pay for the drug testing of the 10%, and prob most of them would never know the difference. OTOH, someone else suggested that the aspiring KQer should foot his/her own bill to prove that he/she had raced cleanly. And actually, when i think through the numbers, it's prob more like 98% paying for 2%, i.e. only around 2% of all IM participants will ever KQ.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: I am a medical doctor. If I prescribe myself a PED and get a TUE, I am not cheating under the current rules. [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which or how many races are you suggesting top 3 from each AG should be tested?

That’s a whole lot of money. That’s atleast 50 tests per race. Unless your saying only like Kona or nationals/world’s?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: I am a medical doctor. If I prescribe myself a PED and get a TUE, I am not cheating under the current rules. [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Which or how many races are you suggesting top 3 from each AG should be tested?

That’s a whole lot of money. That’s at least 50 tests per race. Unless your saying only like Kona or nationals/world’s?

I was thinking just Kona, Nationals, and Worlds, certainly not your average local Oly or sprint distance, or even your average non-IM half or iron dist race, e.g. the Great Floridian Triathlon could be won by a doper and we might never know, but the GFT is a fairly small potatoes race, in the grand scheme of races.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next