Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P5 top tube bento storage
Quote | Reply
I've been using the XLAB Stealth Pocket 200 but the zipper is shot and over time it started to bulge and get much wider than the top tube even though I don't keep a ton of stuff in there (and never food). I store my Di2 battery in there along with some co2's and tire levers etc...anyone have another bento they are very happy with? Preferably one I can cut a little slit in the leading face edge to slide the battery in there...don't know if a hard sided one will be better, but want it to be clean and looking for solutions. Pics would be welcome.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 top tube bento storage [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X-lab 400, the hard cases from Torhans were small and difficult to get things in and out. Then my Torhans broke off from its bottom.
I've been happy with X-lab products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This might be helpful, we make these packs here in the USA for P5s (and for, of course, lots of other 2-wheeled rockets). And you can read some athlete feedback about our Speedpacks here.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: P5 top tube bento storage [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll check it out. Xlab had been ok for me I was just wondering if there is a better mouse trap.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 top tube bento storage [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you-it is. So I read the reviews and looked at products...so what is the value proposition...mainly better quality? They seem to be very similar to xlab so what's the diff...is this like Coke and Pepsi? I'm down for trying new things, but why your product?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes; I have used both DSW and Xlab and found both products to be of very good quality; there are slight differences but none that are too big my opinion. Can’t go wrong with either one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, we can't claim 100% impartiality here, but to start, we make our own stuff and xlab outsources. But examining and comparing their bags, l think, in terms of sewing construction, both are quite good. The big difference comes in terms of our designs, our far more advanced (and more difficult to manufacture) shapes, our stiffer advanced shape inserts, our low profile YKK zipper configurations, our ultra light US-made top tube fasteners, our bigger capacities, and our better real world usability. For more objective info, if you read through some of our feedback, a bunch of riders have tried various xlab bentos and the athletes give some fairly specific commentary on the design and usability differences that they've found. Thanks for the questions and for the interest,
Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Jan 23, 18 20:18
Quote Reply
Re: P5 top tube bento storage [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pm'ed you. Thx.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yrebetta wrote:
Pm'ed you. Thx.

Got it, thanks. Just replied.

--
Quote Reply