Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Resource for tracking down shoes with similar profiles as another shoe?
Quote | Reply
My stash of Saucony Progrid Mirage 2s has finally bit the dust, and it would appear the Internet has run out of size 14s (pretty sure I bought them all out). I've hated the Mirage since the 2's, and while I've enjoyed Kinvaras, I'm curious if there are any other shoes similar to the Progrid Mirage 2 out there (ie not minimalist and not the Beast).

Thanks in advance for any info you might be able to provide!
Quote Reply
Re: Resource for tracking down shoes with similar profiles as another shoe? [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As the unofficial walking encyclopedia of run shoes here on the forums, might I recommend either the Saucony Liberty ISO (it is what the Mirage was to the Kinvara, except for the Freedom), or the Brooks PureCadence? All feature 4 mm offset, slightly softer riding than the Mirage.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Resource for tracking down shoes with similar profiles as another shoe? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the suggestions! Will check'em out.
Quote Reply
Re: Resource for tracking down shoes with similar profiles as another shoe? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suggestions for something similar to the asics hyper speed?
Quote Reply
Re: Resource for tracking down shoes with similar profiles as another shoe? [rplong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO you can't go wrong with the NB 1400.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I just ordered a pair.

I got a pair of 1500s about 4 weeks ago, but it cuts into my left ankle a bit. Tolerable but slightly aggitating. Not as aggitating as Asics phasing the hyper speed in and out of their offerings every 3-4 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
As the unofficial walking encyclopedia of run shoes here on the forums, might I recommend either the Saucony Liberty ISO (it is what the Mirage was to the Kinvara, except for the Freedom), or the Brooks PureCadence? All feature 4 mm offset, slightly softer riding than the Mirage.

If you're still in a giving mood ... I've finally finished off my stash of Pearl Izumi EM Tri N 2 V2 that I had stockpiled. I've really struggled to find a shoe that doesn't rub raw spots on my foot when I go without socks and this one was as close to perfect as I've found. Any suggestions for something similar?
Quote Reply
Re: Resource for tracking down shoes with similar profiles as another shoe? [_Will_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, here's the problem - I can find you shoes that ride similarly to the N2. What I can't do is tell you whether something will have as nice of an upper. PI was pretty much the only brand I could ever run in sockless. When they killed the run line...those days died off, too. I put on socks for everything Olympic on up now. Considering my shit run (relative to the FOP guys I'm chasing), the extra couple of seconds isn't going to make much of a difference in the race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the problem I'm running into also. I can find shoes that feel fine from ride or overall shape perspective, they just have seems or protrusions or other hot spots along the uppers in places that rub me weirdly shaped feet the wrong way. In the PIs, I could comfortable run a half without socks and come away with nothing rubbing. Well, I call it running, most here would call it plodding, or if they're being generous, jogging ... ;)

Oh well ... the search continues.
Quote Reply
Re: Resource for tracking down shoes with similar profiles as another shoe? [_Will_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate to break it to you...but it's probably not going to happen. Nobody does uppers as well as they did, IMO.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you have to dash my dreams like that?!? Dream killer ...

Sadly, I think you're right.
Quote Reply