Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What lenses do you use when wearing sunglasses?
Quote | Reply
I'm at that point that I can no longer see the numbers my garmin when running or cycling. I am wondering what lenses others are wearing in their sunglasses. Do you wear progressives or Bifocals? Or is there something else?

I have been using progressives for my normal glasses and it is ok, just an adjustment. I still have to move my head up/down to find that sweet spot. I think that would bother me too much on the bike, but I'm not sure.

What have others tried and either liked or disliked? And why?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: What lenses do you use when wearing sunglasses? [sfdhoseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear bifocal contacts. Work very well for me.
Quote Reply
Re: What lenses do you use when wearing sunglasses? [sfdhoseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used the Rudy Reader lenses and love them. I only wish they could do a photo chromatic, as I love the new Tralyx Photochromatic glasses.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear multifocal contacts, and when I really want to be able to read my garmin easily throughout a ride I leave the backlight on for the whole ride, which drains the battery faster but makes the garmin screen much easier to read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W7CMW0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

What about trying some of the Hydrotac stick on bifocal lenses on your normal cycling shades?
Last edited by: Bdaghisallo: Jan 23, 18 9:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rudy's affiliated brand XX2i offers polarized with readers. Found a significant discount code when I purchased. If looking for the cheap, most Walmarts have non-polarized safety sunglasses, with readers ($16?). Commonly found in a clear tube-type dispenser hanging n the tools department. I rarely "find" them in store, but order for in store pickup. They had the order ready within the hour (which means I could not find them in store). One of my "saved" Amazon search pages is for safety sunglasses readers.
Quote Reply
Re: What lenses do you use when wearing sunglasses? [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

They look reusable. How many uses do you get out of them? Assuming you take it on and off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sfdhoseman wrote:
Thanks,

They look reusable. How many uses do you get out of them? Assuming you take it on and off.

I haven’t actually tried them yet. I have ordered some but haven’t got them yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use progressive lenses- I was using progressive lenses in my regular glasses, I had the optician put progressive lenses in my old Ray Ban frames- I truly love them-I didn’t realize that my car dashboard had all that information on it. I have one pair with yellow lenses and one in green.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've use the Tifosi readers but I think they were too strong for me and gave me a headache.

I bought a Garmin 800 and use big numbers so I can see them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used XX2i polarized readers for years. Inexpensive and descent quality.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply