Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

foot cracking? issue or age?
Quote | Reply
bear with me, this is very hard to explain. Ill try to add a visual aid.
Before anyone says, "why are you asking for medical advice on a forum, go see your doctor." I have an appointment, but its not for another week and a half, and Im curious if anyone has similar experience.

Here goes.

After running, I have a strange sensation in the middle of the ball of my foot. You know when you need to crack your knuckle, so I flex my does down and the spot kind of cracks, like a knuckle. sometimes its a small one, and the pain is completely gone. Sometimes its a larger pop and it hurts for a second, but feels relief after.

After cycling, its worse. The sensation comes on while riding, and I feel like I have to crack it to make it go away. Its much more pronounced on the bike.

My shoes are 5 or 6 years old. would you blame the shoe? it started last season, and i barely noticed it. Now its becoming more of a problem.

Has anyone had a similar issue? What did you do to resolve it?

Quote Reply
Re: foot cracking? issue or age? [jonp9576] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We’ll, that’s the most common area for neuroma formation. I’m sure your Doc will consider this.

Dr Jay
http://www.Tri-Pod.net
Quote Reply
Re: foot cracking? issue or age? [aikiman44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve never heard of a neuroma till today. I looked it up and the placement seems correct, but some of the symptoms don’t. Everything I read says “feeling like you are standing on a pebble or a fold in your sock”. I have no feeling of that at all.

After a long time in my bike shoes i do feel pain and numbness on the outer few toes. I’ll probably look for a pair of shoes with a wider toe box.
Quote Reply
Re: foot cracking? issue or age? [jonp9576] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve battled Morton’s Neuromas before, it’s exactly where you have indicated... I have never had the “standing on a pebble” sensation though. It’s always been a pressure sensation with some tingling. I have the habit of cracking my toes and that absolutely feels good, albeit briefly.

If it persists, go see a podiatrist, they’ll give you a cortisone shot and try to sell you orthotics. Take the shot, leave the orthotics. You’ll be symptom free in a day or two.

The last time I needed a shot was in February of 2017. And maybe 18 months before that... so once the inflammation goes away, it seems to stay away for a considerable amount of time.
Quote Reply
Re: foot cracking? issue or age? [DrunkIrishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrunkIrishman wrote:
I’ve battled Morton’s Neuromas before, it’s exactly where you have indicated... I have never had the “standing on a pebble” sensation though. It’s always been a pressure sensation with some tingling. I have the habit of cracking my toes and that absolutely feels good, albeit briefly.

If it persists, go see a podiatrist, they’ll give you a cortisone shot and try to sell you orthotics. Take the shot, leave the orthotics. You’ll be symptom free in a day or two.

The last time I needed a shot was in February of 2017. And maybe 18 months before that... so once the inflammation goes away, it seems to stay away for a considerable amount of time.

Thanks for the information. I’ll see what the doc says next week and go from there. Your expierence sounds very similar to mine.
Quote Reply