Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Perfpro users power meter control
Quote | Reply
Anyone with perfpro know if I still need to do a spin down with power meter controlling trainer? Thanks

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Perfpro users power meter control [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Matt,
It's best to make sure both trainer and power meter are warmed up then recalibrate and manual zero both. At the beginning of the workout/warm-up do not recalibrate as that'll really mess with the numbers. It's likely more accurate using the numbers from the previous session until you get you, your trainer/pm, and room warmed up. You can then go through the recal process and should be fairly dialed in.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks,
Drew.
http://perfprostudio.com
Quote Reply
Re: Perfpro users power meter control [jetall3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Drew,

Do you know what is going on if someone uses the Advanced Spindown for a Gen 1 Kickr?

I am not sure what happened and it may be unrelated. Previously I had been using power meter control using the traditional spindown at the end of a session when the trainer is warm, but Wahoo came out with the latest firmware update months ago that allowed the Gen 1 Kickr to do an Advanced Spindown through the Wahoo Fitness training app. It is only available in that app and not in the Wahoo Utility app. My understanding is that it changed the way the Kickr estimates power rather than using the built in power control. The Advanced Spin down actually put the Kickr within a couple of watts of my Quarq, whereas, it was 20 watts off and I had to use power meter control in PerfPro.

When I did a spindown in Perfpro I think it took it back out of that mode. I ended up missing that training session trying to get everything back in order and I went back to the Wahoo training app to do the Advanced Spindown. I got it back to where it was close, but since then I have had to use my external power meter to control the training sessions. It all has been working fine with power meter control.

Anyway I wondered if someone has done the Advanced Spindown and changed the mode of the Kickr would a spindown in another application take it out of that mode?
Quote Reply
Re: Perfpro users power meter control [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll ping Chip and see what his take is on it. My thought/assumption was the advanced spindown adjusted the internal offset and that got burnt into the firmware. The subsequent recals in other apps like PerfPRO would then make those minor necessary adjustments to dial it in on the day. I'm not aware that recalibrating erases your advanced spindown offset so that's something for me to look into. If that's the case then NO recalibrations should done after performing an advanced, but that would only apply to the direct-drive KICKRs and not the SNAPs. SNAPs should be recalibrated at least once per session in a warm state.

I'll see what I can find and/or perhaps someone from Wahoo can fill us in here.

Drew.
Quote Reply
Re: Perfpro users power meter control [jetall3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thanks
I look forward to what you find out. I knew this is probably more of a question on the Wahoo side and that you are more likely to get a response from them than I might.
Quote Reply