Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are we getting long and low on our QR PR6?
Quote | Reply
had two clients recently with QR PR6s... basically zero adjustability to go down and a high stack Profile basebar stock OEM. Anybody out there get something zoot on their PR6 that got them lower and longer than the stock stuff?

I'm thinking Enve, TriRig Alpha Classic as two.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our QR PR6? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were these the older, higher stack stems as well? Or the newer "flat" stem?

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our QR PR6? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
high stack... looks like +6 effectively. Hoping for some sort of proprietary -17 "pro" option

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stem

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our QR PR6? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for saving me from having to pull that article up...

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our QR PR6? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Thank you for saving me from having to pull that article up...

if the STEM doesn't work, then you're down to another bar. but the stem is the first step in this. it depends on how much lower one needs to go. i suspect the stem is worth 30mm? 40mm? of lowness, versus the original stem? at least 20mm i'm sure, but i'm thinking 30mm or more.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was told the new stem doesn't work with PR6 bikes that came equipped with the original clunky stem. Something about the fork not being compatible. Can anyone confirm this? IMO, the original stem was a huge swing and a miss for QR. Coming from a company that is all about making user friendly bikes, the original stem is a colossal pain in the ass to adjust.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our QR PR6? [rotosound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rotosound wrote:
I was told the new stem doesn't work with PR6 bikes that came equipped with the original clunky stem. Something about the fork not being compatible. Can anyone confirm this? IMO, the original stem was a huge swing and a miss for QR. Coming from a company that is all about making user friendly bikes, the original stem is a colossal pain in the ass to adjust.

yeah, come to think of it i think i remember the same thing. i don't think the original stem was a problem to adjust. it just didn't adjust low enough, or for some folks rearward enough. maybe i'll ping QR and see if they can address the issue of retrofitting the stem on the older QR.

all that said, i think the newer QRs, the PR series, just hit it out of the park. the 3, the 5, the 6, with this stem, they're just great.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked the same thing about compatibility, and the response from QR was:

Then new 2.0 stem offer athletes to get in lower position on their PRsix. This will be available as a kit since you will need a new fork to work on your 2016 PRsix. The cost of the stem and fork is $850.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Gen2 stem goes 25mm lower than Gen1. As mentioned by others the Gen2 stem is not friendly with Gen1 fork.

To eke out a little more lowness - the AU is the lowest of the overmount bars. But at 47.5mm stack from bar centre it's only ~12mm lower than most of the overmount options.

Once you get into undermount it all gets ugly (losing tilt etc), so the AU has not been designed for undermount and there is no way to add that capability.
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our QR PR6? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for this. I see the new bikes are spec'd with Gen2 stems and AU bars... that should be nice.

what about Enve undermount system?

Eric

cyclenutnz wrote:
The Gen2 stem goes 25mm lower than Gen1. As mentioned by others the Gen2 stem is not friendly with Gen1 fork.

To eke out a little more lowness - the AU is the lowest of the overmount bars. But at 47.5mm stack from bar centre it's only ~12mm lower than most of the overmount options.

Once you get into undermount it all gets ugly (losing tilt etc), so the AU has not been designed for undermount and there is no way to add that capability.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
what about Enve undermount system?

You can tilt the extension but not the pad. And you can't put spacers under pads. So stack leaps from 27mm undermount to 67mm in the lowest overmount. Which rather limits your stack finetuning. At least with the PR6 you have the Stem Y spacers so can still adjust.
Only two pad width options unless you can find the semi-mythical extender (spacing different to Zipp so that's not an option). And you can't get the narrowest pad position in undermount.
They're nice bars but there are a lot of limitations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW the MORF bars will be able to go down to ~17mm of stack from clamp center iirc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have a new PR6 with the new stem and plan on getting Morf bars. I am looking for a BTA hydration that will work. I tried this from PD: http://www.profile-design.com/...ink-basebar-bracket/ and the PR6 stem sticks out too much to work with this.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make BTA hydration work with a PR6 stem and morf bars?

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our QR PR6? [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That might work. I have the FC 35 right now and would have to get the aerodrink bottle, which PD doesn't sell separately, but I think this would work and I appreciate the great suggestion.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
had two clients recently with QR PR6s... basically zero adjustability to go down and a high stack Profile basebar stock OEM. Anybody out there get something zoot on their PR6 that got them lower and longer than the stock stuff?

I'm thinking Enve, TriRig Alpha Classic as two.

the quickest way to get long and low on the PR6 is to swap it for the Illicito or CD.01!

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply