Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rowing machines? [tri dpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't row but my daughter does, and I've never seen a Water Rower at any boathouse or club facility we've ever been in. The impression I've always gotten from them is that they're aimed more at the high-end residential market vs actual rowing clubs/programs.
Quote Reply
Re: Rowing machines? [RINO Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RINO Rick_pcfl wrote:
Dang. That's a great price. Congratulations.

I got my rower the other night. I haven't used it yet, but it looks great in the living room. Just kidding. I've used it every day and am enjoying it. My wife and daughter are using it as well.

My daughter really enjoys it. She listens to some music and goes at it. I'm pnly up to about 20 minutes after a 5 minute warm-up, so I haven't gone long enough to need some entertainment.

Good luck and enjoy it.

I don’t remember if you were in the Peloton Row thread, but I worked out on a Concept rower at the gym last night, and even with several months on my hydraulic rower, that thing kicked my ass. My wife wants me to buy the Peloton Row (she’s a Pelo groupie with the Bike+) but I keep coming back to the idea of a Concept rower.

It looks like you’ve had it for several years now. Are you still using it regularly and if so, what’s your takeaway?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Rowing machines? [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a rowing machine for a full body workout. Any thoughts, suggestions or warnings?

They can be hard on lumbar discs IMO. Forward/backward bending under load isn't such a good thing. From what I've been told, disc herniations are a very common injury for rowers. Unfortunately, I am one of those statistics (though not a rower, I was exercising on rowing machine) and it took me a long time to get back to physical activity.

I know this thread is old and some of these posts are not relevant anymore for information seekers, but this is "user error" and represents bad form. Your back should not be THAT involved in the rowing stroke. You were probably extending too far into the "catch" phase.
Quote Reply
Re: Rowing machines? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

I don’t remember if you were in the Peloton Row thread, but I worked out on a Concept rower at the gym last night, and even with several months on my hydraulic rower, that thing kicked my ass. My wife wants me to buy the Peloton Row (she’s a Pelo groupie with the Bike+) but I keep coming back to the idea of a Concept rower.

It looks like you’ve had it for several years now. Are you still using it regularly and if so, what’s your takeaway?

Oh sure. Call me out and embarrass me. :) We've still got it, but I haven't used it in a while. I absolutely need to get back in shape and will be trying to get in a routine of using it, the bowflex and running/walking. So, sadly, I'm not the best person to provide any feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: Rowing machines? [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. The other nice thing is the values stay pretty consistent if you buy a Concept 2 Model D. You can get most of your money back later on if you change your mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Rowing machines? [wakinglife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cheaper than a rower, and more possible to do a full body workout as you can do swimming with it (likee a vasa):

https://whipr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Rowing machines? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've had our concept2 rower for nearly 15 years. Upgraded from a PM2 to a PM5 earlier this year to have BT capability. We find it needs minimal maintenance and it's been through two long distance moves with us. Would absolutely recommend it. There are also a bunch of apps (I don't use them so can't speak to them) that work with C2 if that's the way you want to go.
Quote Reply

Prev Next