Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
Whatever happened to him and Dermerly? I see posts by TD everyonce in a while on social media

TD bounces around hoping no one in the new location remembers his Ponzi scheme ending to Bike Sport Michigan.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome back Jack!

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Demerly is super active on FB taking up the Gran Torino grumpy old man shouting at the intern mantle while writing for some aviation blog.

He's 3 for 3 in running bike stores out of business (BikeSport, TriSPorts, and a shop in Michigan) so that's something for his LinkedIn profile
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He (Demerley) posts a lot of stuff about military planes on FB. That & a lot of seemingly strong right-wing commentary (not commenting one way or the other on that).
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [binhopires] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
binhopires wrote:
jackmott wrote:
the forums stance on Lance doing tris

Since I wasnt around back then, just a side question: what was the forums stance on this matter?
Short answer is fine.

the owner of this website had prohibited anyone from talking about it, with the logic being that unless anyone had incontrovertible evidence, anything that anyone says is hearsay

the stance became increasingly untenable as release of the Usada report approached. More and more was coming out, some hearsay, some much stronger than hearsay; but they were mostly deemed to be hearsay by the owner of this site. Then quite a few people got banned in one fell swoop, either immediately before or immediately after the release of the report (this is a bit hazy as it was six years ago). I can distinctly remember three banned users: the promoter of Gran Fondo NY, poster François, and Jack Mott. I can't remember why they were banned, but they were all soon reinstated.

but this is different from LA doing tris, which is a subsequent development

ETA: site founder's view on "due process"

Due process put in quotation marks, b/c the posters here would be cautioned for posting evidence from Usada, which the site owner believed to be obtained improperly, never mind that slowtwich does not have the power to hand down bans, thus making process a bit of red herring.

Quote:
in tygart's original letter placing armstrong under investigation, he listed numerous pieces of analytical evidence. not one piece of evidence is admissible according to WADA's code. so, why did he mention such evidence, if by the very code usada pledges to uphold? what is the point? the point is to sway public opinion with data you know is inadmissible and not trustworthy.

witness testimony: are there athletes riding the tour right now who would not be in the tour if they had declined to give evidence? those are tainted statements. unless usada allows those witnesses to be identified and cross examined by armstrong's attorneys, and unless they're willing to sit for depositions prior to the hearing, that evidence is unchallenged and, therefore, should not be admissible.

if you want to see armstrong nailed, fine. if you want to use witness testimony in place of analytical evidence, fine. but, just as you can't torture testimony out of a witness, you can't bribe testimony out of a witness. if you say you didn't bribe a witness, you should have no problem producing that witness, and having him testify at the hearing.

Last edited by: echappist: Nov 6, 18 15:11
Quote Reply

Prev Next