Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Sizing
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at ordering a new Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 and I'm kind of stuck on the sizing. I have short legs (31" inseam and 5'11") and I'm not sure if I would be small or medium. I've been riding a P5-6 in size 54, and I'm under the impression the Canyon medium is equivalent to the P5 in 56. I'm not exactly sure what the small size would be compared to the P5. They seem to offer different measurements so it's hard to compare directly. From what I can tell in the stack/reach database, the small Canyon would be about the same reach as the 54, but slightly shorter stack. With that being said, I'm not sure that those numbers have been updated for the recent geometry change on the Speedmax.

Does anyone know that can offer some insight to help me choose the correct size?
Last edited by: Kazpilot25: Jan 19, 18 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Sizing [Kazpilot25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your position measurements (pad XY to back of pad)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In their site there is a size calculator
Last edited by: Trisur: Jan 20, 18 5:49
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Sizing [Trisur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya I’ve used the sizing tool but it tells me this:

Normally you would need a Size M. However, your inseam length shows us your saddle height would be around around 71.9inch. A Size S is therefore a better match for you.

If I bump my inseam from 32” to 33” it goes to medium. I’m right on the cusp and I’m not sure which would be best. I think I’m leaning towards the small at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have sort of similar dimensions and got the S. With a long stem. Think it was the right choice for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thread of interest to you here... https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread
Quote Reply