Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hypothetical: Swappable power meter options & why [odpaul7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both bikes use a press fit BB, the best way to set them both up for crank swapping is to purchase a GXP Quarq and then use a BB30 to GXP conversion BB for both bikes. Obviously you can swap to both bikes with a bb30 Quarq but the placement of spacers might be different between bikes? If there are no spacing differences then a BB30 Quarq is easy to swap. The problem will be using Q rings with the Quarq, you will have inflated power numbers according to my research and understanding of the data. This is generally not an issue since the inflation would be constant. In other words you are not comparing two different power meters. The best Quarq option is to buy the Quarq DZero Carbon power meter and select the proper BCD for your rings, likely 110 BCD, your crank length, and then the spindle BB30 or GXP.

Now with that rather convoluted paragraph here is what i would do.......buy the Garmin Vector 3 pedals. I own multiple Quarq's, they are great, but if i was not a speedplay die hard i would instantly buy the Vector 3 pedals. Great interface, well made, accurate, and incredibly easy to swap. No issue with power readings being effected by the Q rings. My only concern with the Favero pedals would be the cleat to pedal interface, that needs to feel smooth and natural. That is the primary complaint against the power tap pedals. If you can confirm that the interface is indeed smooth and snug then that could be a nice option. The power tap option introduces too many problems IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetical: Swappable power meter options & why [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
More accurate cadence

Cadence is a red herring.
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetical: Swappable power meter options & why [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 It takes <1 min to swap pedals. I mean seriously. I know jack shit about bike maintenance, but swapping the P1s involves a hex wrench and a few turns.

you can travel with them,they will read the same on whatever bike you ride (vs. having to do mental calibration to remember your 1 sided stages reads lower than your quarq, etc)
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetical: Swappable power meter options & why [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I think we can all agree that you're a more qualified expert in that area than most, and certainly than me, it's still something I watch.

What I find is that I have more cramping problems at lower cadences for the same power output. Since I have severe cramping issues in my legs in general, any variable that I can control to improve my prospects of NOT cramping is something I am willing to study.
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetical: Swappable power meter options & why [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Sorry. Just trying to help :)

Well depreciation and all that I’ll take em off your hands for 800

Prev Next