Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions for a durable 650b "road plus" tire?
Quote | Reply
I'm currently looking at the WTB Byway in 27.5 x 1.75 and the Schwalbe G-One All Around in 27.5 x 1.5. Anything else I should look at? I'm building a bike up for rides that will end up being ~50% asphalt and ~50% off road. The off road I'd characterize as "dusty over hard". I'll run fairly low pressures on whatever I get. Speed is not my priority for this build. I'm looking for grip and durability.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for a durable 650b "road plus" tire? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used byways for a few hundred miles and thought they were fine for any road type riding but when things got more adventury (I.e. easy mtn terrain) I found they didn’t cut it.

I’ve also used the g-one all rounder in the 700x38 and it’s a very capable tires and rolls fast on the road.

I guess my answer gets down to whether the skinwall looks gives you the fizz, it so get the wtbs if not get the schwalbes. They are both great tires for your described conditions.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for a durable 650b "road plus" tire? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compass BabyShoe Pass (42c) or Switchback Hill (48c)?

For your purposes, just get the regular casing. Run them tubeless and carry a plug kit.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just came back from a multi-week trip that involved a lot of gravel and road riding (somewhere around 50/50). I was running the Byways the entire time and couldn't recommend them more. Zero durability issues, great on the gravel and perfectly capable on the road. One of the few products I'd pay retail for again.
Quote Reply