Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying'
Quote | Reply
I call that being firm but fair. ;-)

"A Dutch vegan who applied for a Swiss passport has had her application rejected because the locals found her too annoying.

Nancy Holten, 42, moved to Switzerland from the Netherlands when she was eight years old and now has children who are Swiss nationals.

However, when she tried to get a Swiss passport for herself, residents of Gipf-Oberfrick in the canton of Aargau rejected her application.

"Ms Holten, a vegan and animal rights activist, has campaigned against the use of cowbells in the village and her actions have annoyed the locals."

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She campaigns against cowbells and church bells and other traditional Swiss things. I say this is local gov't at its finest.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
She campaigns against cowbells and church bells and other traditional Swiss things. I say this is local gov't at its finest.

It's a sad world where someone could be against more cowbell. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://money.cnn.com/...sh-crisis/index.html Meanwhile Venezualans wisht they had such problems

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
len wrote:

ĪœĪŸĪ›Ī©Ī-Ī›Ī‘Ī’Ī•
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work in canton Aargau.

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Last edited by: rob2681: Jan 17, 18 8:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
len wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rob2681 wrote:
I work in canton Aargau.

How bad is this woman? Must be pretty annoying to get a whole town to agree that she shouldn't get a passport. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.20min.ch/...itionalWidgetParams=

Aargau is kinda conservative anyway and according to the news story sheā€˜s considered as extreme animal rights advocacy even by the Green Party officials.

Plus the local ā€žGemeindeā€œ (think of city hall) are a strong part of approving a Swiss Pass. You canā€™t piss them off and have any chance for citizenship.

Last edited by: rob2681: Jan 17, 18 13:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, she is vegan. And have you ever met a vegan who didn't tell you that they're vegan? For them, announcing their vegan-ness is like breathing air for the rest of us. The ones who only tell you they're vegan and leave it at that are the good ones. She was probably one of the ones who didn't just try to get people to become vegans, but insisted that the world's problems would be resolved if everyone became vegan & reminded everyone that they're the problem, not her, because, remember, she's vegan.

As with all rules, there's the exception, and Vegannerd is it. He's an awesome vegan. The rest of them....

big kahuna wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
I work in canton Aargau.

How bad is this woman? Must be pretty annoying to get a whole town to agree that she shouldn't get a passport. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Well, she is vegan. And have you ever met a vegan who didn't tell you that they're vegan? For them, announcing their vegan-ness is like breathing air for the rest of us. The ones who only tell you they're vegan and leave it at that are the good ones. She was probably one of the ones who didn't just try to get people to become vegans, but insisted that the world's problems would be resolved if everyone became vegan & reminded everyone that they're the problem, not her, because, remember, she's vegan.

As with all rules, there's the exception, and Vegannerd is it. He's an awesome vegan. The rest of them....

big kahuna wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
I work in canton Aargau.

Could you imagine if she also went to Harvard? OMG. I wonder which one they mention first?
Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Harvard educated, vegan nourished, Crossfit athlete would die of confusion when they'd consider where to start telling their personal story. The only thing that could push them to "immediate death from mental explosion" territory is if they completed an Ironman and were asked about their Ironman calf tattoo.

Uncle Arqyle wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

big kahuna wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
I work in canton Aargau.

Could you imagine if she also went to Harvard? OMG. I wonder which one they mention first?
Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

big kahuna wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
I work in canton Aargau.

or if she were an Ironman triathlete? So many things to brag about, so little time.
Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must be a Level 5

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldnā€™t agree more. I wish we could do immigration this way. Let the people decide who they want in their community....

If her main purpose in life is to be annoying to people enjoying their Swiss lifestyle- then good riddance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

big kahuna wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
I work in canton Aargau.

Well, Veganerd does kinda tell us heā€™s vegan every time he posts... :-)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, the direct democracy model has its pros and cons. it generally works admirably well, but there's always the risk of a tyranny of the majority. as someone who's an immigrant in switzerland i do sort of live in fear of this same thing.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She should not expect any less living in Switzerland, folks want to continue to live a somewhat puritanical and regimented lifestyle. I lived in canton Aargau many years ago and damn near everyone knew my whereabouts and had something to say about everything.

Quote | Reply
it also has to be said that aargau, the appenzels, and some of the more rural cantons are more likely to be this way. i doubt she'd have had the same problems in zurich, geneva, basel, etc.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [hoser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hoser wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

big kahuna wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
I work in canton Aargau.

AND DONT YOU FORGET IT!!!! ;)

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [hoser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hoser wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

big kahuna wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
I work in canton Aargau.

Not to mention what a total nerd he his.
Quote Reply
Re: Swiss Town Denies Passport to Dutch Vegan: She's 'Too Annoying' [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its all good, but for my train today after work...

Quote Reply