Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Henderson NV [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
My eldest daughter who is a freshman at the University of Arizona begs to differ... ; )

Thinking about noise Tucson vs Henderson

Both:
Traffic
Arguing drug addicts/alcoholics
Crime and emergency noise

Henderson is more noisy:
Motor sports
Slot machines
People firing guns at trash
Mobile Home generators
Air-conditioning and sprinklers noise
Talk radio
Crappy Techno music

Tucson is more noisy:
Birds
Mexican music
Thunderstorms

If you are looking for Henderson- Tucson is “too quiet. “

Tucson is actually a little too noisy for me.
And it is starting to get crowded again.

I am thinking Silver City, NM, Bisbee, AZ or rural Hawaii are more my style.

But I am 15 years from being on retirement age.
And I decided I should probably keep working until then (even though I probably don’t need to).
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Jan 17, 18 13:08
Quote Reply
Re: Henderson NV [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
JD21 wrote:
My eldest daughter who is a freshman at the University of Arizona begs to differ... ; )

Thinking about noise Tucson vs Henderson

Both:
Traffic
Arguing drug addicts/alcoholics
Crime and emergency noise

Henderson is more noisy:
Motor sports
Slot machines
People firing guns at trash
Mobile Home generators
Air-conditioning and sprinklers noise
Talk radio
Crappy Techno music

Tucson is more noisy:
Birds
Mexican music
Thunderstorms

If you are looking for Henderson- Tucson is “too quiet. “

Tucson is actually a little too noisy for me.
And it is starting to get crowded again.

I am thinking Silver City, NM, Bisbee, AZ or rural Hawaii are more my style.

But I am 15 years from being on retirement age.
And I decided I should probably keep working until then (even though I probably don’t need to).

Bisbee. You can ride from Tucson to Bisbee right? I think I rode to Bisbee during a training camp. Is a town on a cliff?

Also, Bisbee is the origination point of 3:10 to Yuma right?
Quote Reply
Re: Henderson NV [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are some cool areas south of Tucson - Sierra Vista, Rio Rico, Green Valley, Tumacacori. Pretty isolated but some beautiful areas up against the mountains east of the highway. We've been buying land down there every year through the process of working through the county to acquire the land from landowners who have defaulted on their property tax. Basically, you should up at the annual land auction and bid for each property that is in default. What you're bidding on is the % of interest you're willing to accept if the prop owner decides to pay off the past prop tax to avoid foreclosure. If you win the bid, you pay the back prop tax payment and keep it current. The prop owner is then notified they either pay you the back tax amount + the interest from your bid or they'll be foreclosed and you get the property.

My wife manages it and goes down and views the land before we bid but I think we now own around 16 properties. My BIL bought one piece of land that was about 7 acres for $2,000 and sold it for $65,000 so it can be lucrative IF you know the area and buy the best plots. Lots of real estate investors go to the auction but very few do their homework prior so you can still grab some nice lots.

We may build a place for mountain biking down there someday but at this point we'll just hold the parcels. We got a call about 2 weeks ago from a builder who's looking to put a small community in one area where we own some land and is making an offer at a major profit for us if he buys it.

Not a bad way to go if one likes that area and wants to build a retirement place on the cheap. Some of the parcels are really nice with cooler weather and great views.
Quote Reply
Re: Henderson NV [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love your advice. My Aunt's ashes were scattered at Red Rock. Having an RV would be perfect too. I think you can have it all if you plan for it.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply

Prev Next