Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you plow? [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:
Another option is a snowthrower attachment on a skid steer or tracked loader.

You can get a used gas Dingo for ~5-6K and the snowthrower attachment for $1500 if you look. 44" of width and it'll throw snow 50+ feet

Wasn't aware of the Dingo. I utilize the same multi tool concept with Stihl for small tasks. I have the weed trimmer and the chain saw attachments and will be adding the lawn sweeper this spring.

The Dingo is an interesting option but will it eat my baby?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
Quote Reply
Re: Do you plow? [mop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mop wrote:
stal wrote:

You can get a used gas Dingo for ~5-6K and the snowthrower attachment for $1500 if you look. 44" of width and it'll throw snow 50+ feet

Wasn't aware of the Dingo. I utilize the same multi tool concept with Stihl for small tasks. I have the weed trimmer and the chain saw attachments and will be adding the lawn sweeper this spring.

There is a baby eating attachment but it’s quite expensive.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: Do you plow? [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:
mop wrote:
stal wrote:

There is a baby eating attachment but it’s quite expensive.

Who cares? Those things are like adult sized Tonka toys. I've rented them a couple times for projects and half the time my wife has it off playing around with it. If I bought one of those I wouldn't have to plow, my wife would think it was fun and do it for me.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you plow? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote jharris

If you get a 1/2 ton, get a standard duty 7.5 foot plow. If you get a 3/4 ton, get a 8 foot pro plow.

Feel free to ask me whatever and I’ll try my best to help you out.[/quote]
Went to see Boss dealer today, didn't know until I went looking but have one 15 minutes away. Looked at 7 1/2 foot steel and poly. Dealer was pushing (selling) the light duty poly. Poly is lighter by 40 pounds, snow doesn't stick to the blade, and is $100 more than light steel ($5,100) not including feet.

I have the heavy duty front axle (tow/haul) and have been told by Western and Snowex dealers I can handle the standard duty (their recommendation) without modification. You recommended the standard duty and so I was surprised the Boss dealer (since 1990) was concerned about weight. What are your thoughts on poly blades.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
Quote Reply
Re: Do you plow? [mop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mop wrote:

Went to see Boss dealer today, didn't know until I went looking but have one 15 minutes away. Looked at 7 1/2 foot steel and poly. Dealer was pushing (selling) the light duty poly. Poly is lighter by 40 pounds, snow doesn't stick to the blade, and is $100 more than light steel ($5,100) not including feet.

I have the heavy duty front axle (tow/haul) and have been told by Western and Snowex dealers I can handle the standard duty (their recommendation) without modification. You recommended the standard duty and so I was surprised the Boss dealer (since 1990) was concerned about weight. What are your thoughts on poly blades.

I have a poly on a 1/2 ton. Yeah, eight isn’t much different. Yet, they push for poly on lighter duty trucks. They don’t rust. That’s a plus. I would also spray the backside metal parts of the plow with Fluid film (buy at Autozone or parts shop). It will keep the plow looking good and not rusting. Also, you can spray the fluid film on the electrical connections too.

Forget snow ex, get the boss.
Quote Reply

Prev Next