Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by gesekee19
Last edited by: gesekee19: Jan 15, 18 19:11
Re: Venge W/ Clip Ons or TT Bike [gesekee19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do your races this season and see if you want to stick with it before you spend more money. Sure, you'd go faster with clip ons, but they're by no means necessary. Overall I think a road bike with a proper road bike fit is a better option for those trying to stay fit and have fun, and properly setting up clip ons will also necessitate a more tt oriented fit. If you want to go all in, your venge properly fitted with clip ons would most likely get you as close to a tt bike as you need. Just my two cents at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Venge W/ Clip Ons or TT Bike [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/vias-clip-on-aero-bars---tri-tt/p/130782?color=220816-130782

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No need to swap the bars.

Get the Profile Design Lightning Stryke clip-ons and a PD Hammer or Lava stem.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My random thoughts...
  • You will want a good road bike, and you have a very good road bike. I would not give that up.
  • If you can afford it, a dedicated tri bike is worth it, especially for longer races and if you are likely to continue.
  • If you cannot afford a dedicated tri bike, then I would setup the Venge for quick-change. Since you have Di2, this is much easier. I would buy a separate time trial saddle with its dedicated TT seatpost. Then, you can swap between those quickly. Next, I would buy a stem, TT cockpit, and second set of Di2 brake levers and shifters. You can swap that over pretty easily by just unplugging the Di2 stuff. The brakes are a little more of a hassle, but not too bad if you keep the brake cables with each cockpit.
  • If you cannot afford the quick change spare parts, then go with clip-ons and a TT seat position setup. This just requires a set of extension Di2 shifters that you can easily connect to a 5-port Junction A box.

Quote Reply
Re: Venge W/ Clip Ons or TT Bike [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:

Thanks! Just found a set with stem included and bought it to try it out!

I’ll stick with this bike, try the Clip Ons, and after my two 70.3’s and Olympic this year...if it’s somrthing i want to stick with, I’ll get a separate TT bike. Thanks for the input
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gesekee19 wrote:
Barchettaman wrote:

Thanks! Just found a set with stem included and bought it to try it out!

I’ll stick with this bike, try the Clip Ons, and after my two 70.3’s and Olympic this year...if it’s somrthing i want to stick with, I’ll get a separate TT bike. Thanks for the input

Happy to help, best of luck. Put a picture up when you've fitted them.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply