Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Playing golf and not doing or saying another embarrassing thing for our country is an act of benevolence. Keep him on the links as much as he'd like to. As long as we're stuck with him as POTUS, it's the best thing for our country. I'm not bothered in the least by the amount of golf he plays.

knewbike wrote:
He said he was a hypocrite for playing golf instead of doing some benevolent community service.

Your right, not important.
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Playing golf and not doing or saying another embarrassing thing for our country is an act of benevolence. Keep him on the links as much as he'd like to. As long as we're stuck with him as POTUS, it's the best thing for our country. I'm not bothered in the least by the amount of golf he plays.

In a round-about and perverse way, you are right about this - it's the least harmful thing that Trump can be doing. He's not tweeting. He's not making embarrassing and inappropriate comments. He's not lying and spreading dishonest, wrong information detail and facts and other falsehoods.

But he was not "hired" to play golf. I'm not begrudging even the president of the Unites States a little bit of leisure time and recreation, but Trump spent 92 DAYS of his first year as President at a Golf Course! (And remember what Trump said when campaigning - "When you are president, who would want to leave the white House? There will be no time for golf - there is too much work to do"!!)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Jan 16, 18 12:18
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Fleck wrote:
My point was only that Trump can act predictably (by playing lots of golf) and also be a hypocrite (for criticizing Obama for doing the same).

Do Trump supporters/voters have a brain-block for hypocrisy? It's an honest and serious question. It's SO obvious

In politics today there is a complete paranoia about admitting that someone on 'your side' has done something wrong, whether it's molest women, lie, or break a campaign promise... You do, however, sometimes get honesty from those members of congress who are choosing to retire (like Flake) and are not up for re-election.

In politics today there is a complete paranoia about accusing that someone is not on 'your side' has done something wrong, whether it's molest women, lie, or break a campaign promise.
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Fleck wrote:
My point was only that Trump can act predictably (by playing lots of golf) and also be a hypocrite (for criticizing Obama for doing the same).

Do Trump supporters/voters have a brain-block for hypocrisy? It's an honest and serious question. It's SO obvious

In politics today there is a complete paranoia about admitting that someone on 'your side' has done something wrong, whether it's molest women, lie, or break a campaign promise... You do, however, sometimes get honesty from those members of congress who are choosing to retire (like Flake) and are not up for re-election.

In politics today there is a complete paranoia about accusing that someone is not on 'your side' has done something wrong, whether it's molest women, lie, or break a campaign promise.

If you re-write that in a coherent sentence then I can possibly respond.
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
orphious wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Yea that didnt read right :).. I was too quick.

Anyway.. You can say the same about being quick to criticize and be over the top on criticisms for someone that is "not on your side"..
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
orphious wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Yea that didnt read right :).. I was too quick.

Anyway.. You can say the same about being quick to criticize and be over the top on criticisms for someone that is "not on your side"..

Of course. Basically, rational thought and common sense go out the window. I saw it with my brother last Xmas when he came to visit. A few years ago he moved to a rural part of NC and despite being a very smart guy (trained as an engineer) he was incapable of having a rational conversation about the Mueller investigation. He didn't even know much about it, but just kept saying it was a sham and a hoax. He didn't seem to care that Trump may have committed financial crimes with Russian money and said that those things shouldn't be in the remit of the investigation. This baffled me. We shouldn't care that our president may have committed financial crimes?!! And then he went down the, "But, but... the Clintons" track. As I have said many times, both the Clintons were abhorent for many reasons. And so is Trump. It is possible to think both.

I do think more people are worried about Trump, and are beginning to express it. We have seen this in recent weeks. But the Republican party is shit scared of the Nov mid-terms and so are very scared to criticize him. However, after the mid-terms, assuming it doesn't go well for the Republicans, then I predict much more vocal opposition to what Trump does and says by the GOP.
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
knewbike wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
When Trump honored the new African American museum he was ragged on by blacks for "disrupting" their celebration. So for this holiday, Trump stays out of the way and doesn't "disrupt" the celebration. Which is the right thing to do? Reminds me of a Clash song: "If I go there will be trouble, if I stay it will be double!"

In reality, Trump would face criticism no matter what he did, so he may as well do something he likes to do.

Actually that’s not even remotely true.

If, as several presidents before him, had spent this “national day of service” actually doing something even symbolically service related he wouldn’t have gotten the criticism. You know, feed someone hungry, paint a church, something productive. Instead he golfs, like the hypocrite he is.

Hypocritical? No. It's exactly what I expect out of him.

Are you saying that Trump cannot do as you expect of him and also be hypocritical? You think they're mutually exclusive?

No. Both are odd questions. If he's hypocritical on anything it's that he not out making deals every day.

It's not entirely clear that you really understand what "hypocrite" means.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

knewbike wrote:
He said he was a hypocrite for playing golf instead of doing some benevolent community service.

Your right, not important.

If someone could just lock up his twitter account, things could be OK.
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
knewbike wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
knewbike wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
When Trump honored the new African American museum he was ragged on by blacks for "disrupting" their celebration. So for this holiday, Trump stays out of the way and doesn't "disrupt" the celebration. Which is the right thing to do? Reminds me of a Clash song: "If I go there will be trouble, if I stay it will be double!"

In reality, Trump would face criticism no matter what he did, so he may as well do something he likes to do.

If, as several presidents before him, had spent this “national day of service” actually doing something even symbolically service related he wouldn’t have gotten the criticism. You know, feed someone hungry, paint a church, something productive. Instead he golfs, like the hypocrite he is.

Are you saying that Trump cannot do as you expect of him and also be hypocritical? You think they're mutually exclusive?

No. Both are odd questions. If he's hypocritical on anything it's that he not out making deals every day.

Mr. Canada implied Trump was a hypocrite for playing golf instead of doing community service. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall him ever saying he would be the best at community service. Huge community service. He has said he would be in the office making deals instead of golfing, so he's a hypocrite for that, not the other thing. He also a hypocrite for countless other things. But he has not ever been one for painting a church. The best he's done is throw rolls of paper towels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
slowguy wrote:
knewbike wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
knewbike wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:

Mr. Canada implied Trump was a hypocrite for playing golf instead of doing community service. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall him ever saying he would be the best at community service. Huge community service. He has said he would be in the office making deals instead of golfing, so he's a hypocrite for that, not the other thing. He also a hypocrite for countless other things. But he has not ever been one for painting a church. The best he's done is throw rolls of paper towels.

No. He said he was a hypocrite for playing golf. The only thing he implied in saying that, was that Trump had criticized someone else (Obama) for playing golf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
knewbike wrote:
slowguy wrote:
knewbike wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
knewbike wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:

No. He said he was a hypocrite for playing golf. The only thing he implied in saying that, was that Trump had criticized someone else (Obama) for playing golf.

Fine. Whatever. What a waste of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
knewbike wrote:
slowguy wrote:
knewbike wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
knewbike wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:

Fine. Whatever. What a waste of time.

So you read and follow a thread, commenting on it 5 times and ending with the 6th comment, "Fine. Whatever. What a waste of time." You should have just said, "you're right I stand corrected."

There's nothing bad about admitting when you're wrong.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the debate over my comments on Trump's hypocrisy.

Certainly he is a hypocrite for golfing so much when he complained bitterly that Obama did it and he never would. There is NO arguing that point. If you disagree, you are an idiot. And I am not condemning his golf habit, I am condemning his hypocrisy. Quite different.

However, that wasn't even my initial point.

He is a hypocrite, because he urged the public on Friday, before leaving for his Florida golf club, to observe the day "with acts of civic work and community service in honor of Dr. King's extraordinary life."

Then he blew off the traditional day of service (which his predecessors observed) to play golf. Again, I don't give a shit if he golfs 100 rounds a year. I give a shit (not sure why) that he is a hypocrite and a liar and there are many on this board and throughout the US that refuse to acknowledge the hypocrisy. I make my point in a civil manner, and Orphious posts a GIF giving me the finger. That is what we can expect as civil debate with a Trump ballwasher.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give Orphious and others a break. They just spent 8 years complaining about someone not wearing a lapel pin. There has to be a grace period for adjustment.
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump is a hypocrite. He's a hypocrite for playing so much golf after accusing Obama for doing so and he's a hyprocite for stating others should perform community service on MLK day then playing golf himself. He's also a douchbag and a liar. And a narcissist. Shall I go on?

For the life of me I can't see why someone who is not American gives two shits about Trump's hypocrisies re playing golf. I'm American and I don't give two shits. Given the real issues in our country and the important matters rolling around in the WH, this level of hyprocrisy doesn't even register. (Not that I wouldn't enjoy making fun of JT when I can, but it'd all be in jest - he's not my problem).

I remember all the beatings Obama took playing golf in some incredibly inopportune moments...whatever. We just have far bigger issues to sort out. For those who hate Trump, I should think they'd prefer he's out playing golf than actually working...or tweeting....or talking.
Quote Reply
Re: President would rather hit white ball than honor black leader [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Give Orphious and others a break. They just spent 8 years complaining about someone not wearing a lapel pin. There has to be a grace period for adjustment.

Show me where I complained about Obama for 8 years please? Sure I've criticized him but I was was never obsessed with it like some of the posters here criticize Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is a hypocrite, because he urged the public on Friday, before leaving for his Florida golf club, to observe the day "with acts of civic work and community service in honor of Dr. King's extraordinary life."

I did not know this so I am....

Wrong

Nor am I surprised I'm wrong. It's impossible to keep up with what Trump says.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa. Cateful. Your LR membership card can be revoked for admitting to being wrong.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Whoa. Cateful. Your LR membership card can be revoked for admitting to being wrong.

Yes. It's the 1st time I've seen it done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Have you considered that he isn't a hypocrite because maybe he believes that he is committing acts of civic work and community service by being out on the golf course? While playing golf he's not tweeting, talking to the media, or lying to the American public. I'd say that's an act of service.
Quote Reply

Prev Next