Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who here has tried wide wheels on a 2013-2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo?
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo. It has narrow chainstays limits my options for aero wheels. I've seen many threads/review with people reporting that their tires (usually 25 mm) rub up against the chainstays on the Supersix from 2013-2015. Currently I run Shimano C24 wheels (20.8 mm external rim width) and 25 mm tires on my 2015 Supersix and I've been fortunate enough to have no problems.

I would like very to much to buy some light aero wheels but these days it's nearly impossible to get anything -- at least from the brands I want -- narrower than 24 mm at the rim.

I'm willing to go down to narrower tires (23 mm) but I'm concerned that some of todays wheels might be so wide that my rims might even rub. I'm wondering how wide I can go. I'd like to hear anyone out there with practical experience with a 2013-2015 SuperSix Evo who has tried wide wheels. What rim widths gave you problems and how wide were you able to go?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has tried wide wheels on a 2013-2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 supersix evo, currently running rims which are 19-20mm inner, ~25mm outer width. Current tires measure about 26-27mm with a caliper. I looked recently specifically with this in mind and think 28mm (measured) would be fine with a few mm clearance at all key points on the frame/fork.

The model year is crucial - I think I recall at the time there was a redesign after 2014, such that 2015 models onwards could fit wider wheels/tires. Prior to this I think (second-hand reports, not from experience) 2014 and earlier would struggle to fit a measured 25mm tire.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has tried wide wheels on a 2013-2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 and run 404 FC with 25 conti 4000 S IIs without any rim/wheel rub. This forum helped me avoid a big problem when I bought the bikes since I initially wanted to run 303s. The 303s would have caused rim rub.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has tried wide wheels on a 2013-2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo? [SkipS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a lot wider than I expected I could run. I'm certain that mine is 2015 but I don't think I could fit wheels of that width in there.

Sadly, it appears to be all moot now. Since I was running such narrow wheels, I never thought twice about it but a couple of days ago I removed my rear wheel and took a very close look and realized that the 25 mm tires have apparently been rubbing up against the frame for some time now. I hadn't seen it before because the frame is all black and frankly, I wasn't looking.

Really took a gouge out of them. So much so that it doesn't appear safe to ride.

Appreciate the replies
Quote Reply