Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

so is quebec fed up with the haitian influx?
Quote | Reply
since most of you people up north make it a point that most of canuk-land is different than quebec, i won't paint with a broad brush. is/does quebec generally trend farther left that your national politics? would quebec be happy to kick them out of quebec into ontario? or do they want them out of the great white north...period?

they seem to have a few of the same arguments their southern neighbors are echoing.

i find it interesting that the author is second guessing whether the migrants are stressing the system. is he calling the canadian govt liars?
Quote:
But Canadian officials are warning that even liberal Canada has its limits amid concerns, fairly or not, that illegal migration is stretching the immigration system to a breaking point and risks stoking a potential backlash.

and it seems mr hussen was an immigrant himself. he seems to be the type of immigrant a country would/should want. i'm gathering he has assimilated to his new canadian home quite well, he seems to have her interest in the forefront of doing his govt job.
Quote:
“We don’t want people to illegally enter our border, and doing so is not a free ticket to Canada,” Mr. Hussen said in an interview. “We are saying, ‘You will be apprehended, screened, detained, fingerprinted, and if you can’t establish a genuine claim, you will be denied refugee protection and removed.’ ”

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: so is quebec fed up with the haitian influx? [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
since most of you people up north make it a point that most of canuk-land is different than quebec, i won't paint with a broad brush. is/does quebec generally trend farther left that your national politics? would quebec be happy to kick them out of quebec into ontario? or do they want them out of the great white north...period?

they seem to have a few of the same arguments their southern neighbors are echoing.

i find it interesting that the author is second guessing whether the migrants are stressing the system. is he calling the canadian govt liars?
Quote:
But Canadian officials are warning that even liberal Canada has its limits amid concerns, fairly or not, that illegal migration is stretching the immigration system to a breaking point and risks stoking a potential backlash.

and it seems mr hussen was an immigrant himself. he seems to be the type of immigrant a country would/should want. i'm gathering he has assimilated to his new canadian home quite well, he seems to have her interest in the forefront of doing his govt job.
Quote:
“We don’t want people to illegally enter our border, and doing so is not a free ticket to Canada,” Mr. Hussen said in an interview. “We are saying, ‘You will be apprehended, screened, detained, fingerprinted, and if you can’t establish a genuine claim, you will be denied refugee protection and removed.’ ”

Haiti's a sh*thole, and everyone knows it. If it wasn't, three-quarters of the population -- otherwise known as the "normal, poverty-stricken portion of the population" -- wouldn't be trying to escape the place. Endemic corruption that's eye-watering in its scope and scale, a crime and murder rate that's scary, and you know what the worst thing is? On the other half of the island, the eastern half, lies the Dominican Republic. Same resources, same climate, same location, pretty much. And they're obsessed with baseball. Some of the greatest players in Major League Baseball history have come from the Dominican Republic. But there's no baseball in Haiti. That's unforgivable.

For that sin alone I think we need to build an even-higher, even more southern (okay, southern-eastern?) wall somewhere down in the Caribbean. Like maybe around the western half of the island of Hispaniola, I'm thinking. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: so is quebec fed up with the haitian influx? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you may be close to canada, but you're not from quebec, i don't think. so you are a mean, hateful, racist person.
but i am too, i pretty much agree with your description.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: so is quebec fed up with the haitian influx? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I know is that I've spent a good amount of time in southeast Florida and the haitians that I encountered weren't very nice people. I couldn't tell if they have a lot of contempt for white people or if they are just assholes in general.
Last edited by: RZ: Jan 15, 18 4:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quebec has never been overly interested in letting non-white and/or non french speaking people into Quebec.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: so is quebec fed up with the haitian influx? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Quebec has never been overly interested in letting non-white and/or non french speaking people into Quebec.

Most Haitians speak French (or Creole version of it).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fiscally, Quebec is about as far left as you can be. Culturally, they are about as far right as you could be.
Quote Reply
Re: so is quebec fed up with the haitian influx? [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skinny wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Yes, I am aware. They would fall into the non-white category.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skinny wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Not the same.

Most Quebecers hate people from France because they speak French, not Quebecois.

Also, Hatians aren't white.

Quebec is, above all else, concerned with the preservation of Quebec culture.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
skinny wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I figured you knew. Just trying to clarify for those that may not have known. Many of them seem to prefer a more "culturally pure" version of French people. Direct from France.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skinny wrote:
BLeP wrote:
skinny wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I figured you knew. Just trying to clarify for those that may not have known. Many of them seem to prefer a more "culturally pure" version of French people. Direct from France.

Which is funny because people from France think that Quebecois is an abomination.

Quote Reply
Re: so is quebec fed up with the haitian influx? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:

Fiscally, Quebec is about as far left as you can be. Culturally, they are about as far right as you could be.

This.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Madduck wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

so they want to tax everyone who's there, and share the wealth with everyone who's there, as long as youre one of them. if youre not, then too bad. and they want to decide with whom theyre sharing the wealth. that seems to be very judgmental. and if they are staunch advocates to keep quebec, quebec, that seems very selfish, and dare i say racist?

sincerely, i dont understand how your govt deals with immigration for the most part. throw quebec into the mix, since it seems it wants to be very independent, how does this work? the article says that canadian officials are claiming the immigration system is stressed. does quebec take more/less/the same in assistance to deal with immigration as the other provinces? is he referring to a system within quebec or within canada?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
M~ wrote:
Madduck wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

so they want to tax everyone who's there, and share the wealth with everyone who's there, as long as youre one of them. if youre not, then too bad. and they want to decide with whom theyre sharing the wealth. that seems to be very judgmental. and if they are staunch advocates to keep quebec, quebec, that seems very selfish, and dare i say racist?

sincerely, i dont understand how your govt deals with immigration for the most part. throw quebec into the mix, since it seems it wants to be very independent, how does this work? the article says that canadian officials are claiming the immigration system is stressed. does quebec take more/less/the same in assistance to deal with immigration as the other provinces? is he referring to a system within quebec or within canada?

From someone on the outside looking in Quebec can pretty much do whatever they want otherwise they will threaten to leave and everyone goes crazy because we love them so much and can't see a Canada without them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so inside quebec, they pretty much hate everyone else. so much so that they'd leave canada.
outside quebec, theyre kinda liked, kinda dont care, but if they threaten to leave then theyre loved???

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
so inside quebec, they pretty much hate everyone else. so much so that they'd leave canada.
outside quebec, theyre kinda liked, kinda dont care, but if they threaten to leave then theyre loved???

Outside quebec they are also hated.
I shouldn't really broad brush all of quebecors. Heck at the last referendum quebec voted a whoppping 50.58% to stay in Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well...there goes my respect for canada. yall cant along with each other. i dont think the U.S. should let people from haiti, somolia or canada in. they all seem to be shitholes. :-p

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
skinny wrote:
BLeP wrote:

For the Nationalist assholes, speaking French trumps (see what I did there) being white.

I know some Haitians, they're nice, decent hardworking people. I also know some that I wouldn't mind if they left...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
well...there goes my respect for canada. yall cant along with each other. i dont think the U.S. should let people from haiti, somolia or canada in. they all seem to be shitholes. :-p

F that, I am going to Norway!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Madduck wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

When you're working with OPM, (other provinces money) it's easy to be fiscally left. After all Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan, Nfld and to some degree Ontario have no say in how Quebec spends the money they've stolen from the 'have' provinces through creative accounting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply