Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vikings-Saints [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
BLeP wrote:
veganerd wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xa09Gh_2SUs

When the vikings make it to the superbowl down the road from me, what should by sign say?

I still owe you an nfl sign!

You may be a Vikings fan but your memory is terrible.

Don’t get too cocky, this team will let you down. It’s only a matter of when.

I remember quite well! I just have hope!

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

johnnybefit wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

Here's my theory and I heard Jimmy Johnson say something similar. The Saints defender mis-timed his break to the receiver. He was going to hit Diggs as soon as the ball was caught but mis-timed his break too early so at the last second to avoid an interference penalty he avoided contact and the rest is history. The other theory is that Roger Goodell ordered the miss so that that 100 yr old lady will have a chance to see the Vikings in the Superb Owl.

Well the poor kid is a rookie and only 21yrs old. Feel bad for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
So the Eagles are screwed next week ?

I like the Vikings chances against the Eagles. It'll be a defensive affair and on paper (my paper) the Vikings offense is better than Philly's.
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With only a couple seconds left it would have been better to take the interference call and chance a long field goal attempt.

Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
veganerd wrote:
BLeP wrote:
veganerd wrote:

When the vikings make it to the superbowl down the road from me, what should by sign say?

No kidding. I'm old enough to remember watching every Vikes Super Bowl except for the first one against the Chiefs, and all of the last minute chokes since then. I just hope that if they make it to the Super Bowl and play the Pats that they don't get blown out. Considering that Brees had all the time in the world to throw yesterday, I think Brady will have a field day with them if they can't pressure him more.

Quote | Reply
They cant get so worried about the long passes that they allow brady to pick them apart underneath.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
They cant get so worried about the long passes that they allow brady to pick them apart underneath.

Yeah, agree. They did a great job with coverage in the first half, and then let the Saints make completion after completion in the second and let them march down the field.

Quote | Reply
Did he actually provide an answer there?

To me, it looked like he lined up on where the receiver would catch the ball if he remained on his feet. However, the receiver jumped early and leaned left, taking himself out of the tackle line. If he hadn't jumped, it would have been a brutal hit and hard to hold onto the ball. But then again, I have never played a game of football in my life and could be completely wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding. I remember all the Fran Tarkenton losses quite well. Only thing worse I think was the stretch with Jim Kelly and Buffalo. You just knew they were gonna lose. If it turns out to be Vikes vs Pats I'll be cheering for the Vikes but not very optimistically

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [Sideways] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sideways wrote:
With only a couple seconds left it would have been better to take the interference call and chance a long field goal attempt.

First mistake was not either hanging back to make tackle or going for ball -- as Williams said. Second mistake -- perhaps -- was worrying about pass interference and not making a good hit.

But would the sport be better if us smart old armchair QBs were making the split-second decisions on the field instead of a 21 year old? Mistakes were being made on nearly every play the entire game, but most were not so obvious and none nearly as dramatic.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Don't they have to get past Philly first? For that matter don't the Pats need to get past the Jags?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Cincinnati Bengals announce the signing of Marcus Williams, most recently the safety for the New Orleans Saints. Marvin Lewis comments: " Marcus is a perfect fit for our brand of football".

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
veganerd wrote:
BLeP wrote:
veganerd wrote:

From the "The Vikings Just Can't Quite Get to the Top" archive:

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude don't jinx us again with this brady stuff. Let's get by Philly first.

Now, as any good Vikings fan well know, snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory is a Vikings trademark so of course I was looking for a flag signaling offensive holding or something like that. If you watch the video below after Diggs was mobbed by his teammates the back judge threw a flag, presumably for Diggs taking off & throwing his helmet . For a brief second there I thought they were going to take the TD back by realize by rule that can't happen. Whew...

https://twitter.com/...s/952737772321767424

veganerd wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Dude don't jinx us again with this brady stuff. Let's get by Philly first. Now, as any good Vikings fan well know, snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory is a Vikings trademark

As a Bills fan I feel a special kinship with the Vikings. When it comes to blowing a game there are only two superpowers. MIN & BUF.

I will actually feel a little sad if the Vikes make the Superbowl because they will leave the Bills behind - either because they will hold the record for most Superbowls lost or finally win one and leave the Bills as the most snakebit Superbowl team.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Sideways wrote:

First mistake was not either hanging back to make tackle or going for ball -- as Williams said. Second mistake -- perhaps -- was worrying about pass interference and not making a good hit.

But would the sport be better if us smart old armchair QBs were making the split-second decisions on the field instead of a 21 year old? Mistakes were being made on nearly every play the entire game, but most were not so obvious and none nearly as dramatic.

Third mistake, taking out his teammate who was the only left with a chance to make a play.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Dude don't jinx us again with this brady stuff. Let's get by Philly first.

Now, as any good Vikings fan well know, snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory is a Vikings trademark so of course I was looking for a flag signaling offensive holding or something like that. If you watch the video below after Diggs was mobbed by his teammates the back judge threw a flag, presumably for Diggs taking off & throwing his helmet . For a brief second there I thought they were going to take the TD back by realize by rule that can't happen. Whew...

If you were playing the Patriots it would've come back plus another 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, for planning the helmet toss while running toward the end zone.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
Dude don't jinx us again with this brady stuff. Let's get by Philly first. Now, as any good Vikings fan well know, snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory is a Vikings trademark

As a Bills fan I feel a special kinship with the Vikings. When it comes to blowing a game there are only two superpowers. MIN & BUF.

I will actually feel a little sad if the Vikes make the Superbowl because they will leave the Bills behind - either because they will hold the record for most Superbowls lost or finally win one and leave the Bills as the most snakebit Superbowl team.

Damn 1998 Denver!
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

Damn 1998 Denver!

Detroit Lions fan's can't wait to be able to talk about blowing a big game, all we got is talk about blowing the game, that would have gotten us to the big game.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, for a large portion of Vikings fans we don't remember blowing it in the big game. But, we have a lot of memories of blowing it in the game to get to the big game too. Last big game was super bowl 11. Now it is 52!

I am nervous for the coming weekend... We will either add to the long list of NFC championship game failures for our team, or we will make it to the big game at our home stadium. Where we could lose a fifth super bowl...

Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

Damn 1998 Denver!

Detroit Lions fan's can't wait to be able to talk about blowing a big game, all we got is talk about blowing the game, that would have gotten us to the big game.

L O M A S

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Vikings-Saints [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Well, for a large portion of Vikings fans we don't remember blowing it in the big game. But, we have a lot of memories of blowing it in the game to get to the big game too. Last big game was super bowl 11. Now it is 52!

I am nervous for the coming weekend... We will either add to the long list of NFC championship game failures for our team, or we will make it to the big game at our home stadium. Where we could lose a fifth super bowl...

Waaaa cry me a river, the only time Detroit and Superbowl comes togeather is when you talk about hosting one. NFC Championship game, well we did go to one of those. And that hall of fame QB Mark Rypien lead Washington to a 41 - 10 thumping. 1991 - the year of the only Playoff win in Detroit history, you can't sniff at our level of losing.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
ryans wrote:

Waaaa cry me a river, the only time Detroit and Superbowl comes togeather is when you talk about hosting one. NFC Championship game, well we did go to one of those. And that hall of fame QB Mark Rypien lead Washington to a 41 - 10 thumping. 1991 - the year of the only Playoff win in Detroit history, you can't sniff at our level of losing.

Only playoff win during the Superb Owl era! They were good in the 50s.
Quote Reply

Prev Next