Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do the Lions finally have a coach?
Quote | Reply
"New England Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, though linked to the New York Giants' job, is likely to become the next head coach of the Detroit Lions, league sources told ESPN.

Patricia, 43, and the Lions still need to agree to the contract details after the Patriots' season ends."
I guess the feeling is that with Stafford and a good defense the Lions will have a better chance.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Do the Lions finally have a coach? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping for Vrabel, personally. Cant really say why though.

Doesn't matter its the Lions, they will choose the wrong guy either way.

https://www.freep.com/...patriots/1030518001/

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Jan 14, 18 10:18
Quote Reply
Re: Do the Lions finally have a coach? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it the Lions always choosing the wrong coach, or the Lions ruin the right coaches?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Jan 14, 18 12:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
"New England Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, though linked to the New York Giants' job, is likely to become the next head coach of the Detroit Lions, league sources told ESPN.

Patricia, 43, and the Lions still need to agree to the contract details after the Patriots' season ends."
I guess the feeling is that with Stafford and a good defense the Lions will have a better chance.

Does it really matter? As long as the Fords own the team it's going to suck to one degree or another. It's a cultural thing at this point.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Do the Lions finally have a coach? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
I was hoping for Vrabel, personally. Cant really say why though.

I think you got the right guy. Truth be told, this hire worries me. The North may be really tough in the near future.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Clowns hired a Pats assistant to be the head coach several years ago.

It went as well as our quarterback selections.

And it went as well as the transition from being a backup QB to Brady to becoming a starter elsewhere.
Quote Reply