Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bless Me ST For I Have Sinned
Quote | Reply
I've been out of the pool since my last race in September. Masters restarts on Tuesday and I'm getting back on the horse.

I figure a few consecutive days of 5000 yards is the best way to develop shoulder soreness and give me a reason to get back out of the pool? Any way I can injure myself faster?
Quote Reply
Re: Bless Me ST For I Have Sinned [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome home my child.

I'm in the same boat :)
Quote Reply
Re: Bless Me ST For I Have Sinned [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too :/ All I've done over the winter is work, bike, and get fat :(
Quote Reply
Re: Bless Me ST For I Have Sinned [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I warmed up my shoulders with some 24 shoulder presses...every set you drink one ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get thyself some large paddles and then do the 5000 metres. Remember to pull hard cause that is how you make muscles

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

GP - I'm surprised at you!!! I thought you liked to swim??? And after Amy Hall said "you have so much talent", how could you waste it??? Shame on you!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get back in the pool today and do 2,500 so you know where you stand before Tuesday. Your penance is the shame of having to shift down a lane.
Quote Reply
Re: Bless Me ST For I Have Sinned [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Welcome home my child.

I'm in the same boat :)

Out of the water, in a boat - I see what you did there... ;-))
Quote Reply
Re: Bless Me ST For I Have Sinned [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally someone who can appreciate it! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Bless Me ST For I Have Sinned [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Get thyself some large paddles and then do the 5000 metres. Remember to pull hard cause that is how you make muscles

I like the way you think. I'll add an ankle band to really isolate my shoulders.
Quote Reply
Re: Bless Me ST For I Have Sinned [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

GP - I'm surprised at you!!! I thought you liked to swim??? And after Amy Hall said "you have so much talent", how could you waste it??? Shame on you!!!

Life happened and traffic happened. I’ve been working a lot which means I’ve been on the road a lot and I find it’s easier for me to just have a bike and a trainer in my hotel room than find a pool. The roads I take to my YMCA now serve 3x the population that they did a year ago (no exaggeration, you’d have to understand the local traffic patterns) so now instead of a ten minute drive to the pool it might be 15 minutes there and 45 minutes back. I went to my local grocery store a few days ago which is three miles away. It took me six minutes to get there and thirty minutes to get home! There’s an LA Fitness in that plaza with a pool but they keep it at 84! Disgusting!

It’s a minor crisis for me. I tried a Michael Phelps swim spa last month... not for me. I’m contemplating installing a 25m pool in my backyard. That might sound extreme but I really like my house and where I live.

Bummed too because I swam in open water a lot over the summer and felt really good about my fitness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my world, you're ahead of the game. I don't plan on getting back in until early March.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Life happened and traffic happened. I’ve been working a lot which means I’ve been on the road a lot and I find it’s easier for me to just have a bike and a trainer in my hotel room than find a pool. The roads I take to my YMCA now serve 3x the population that they did a year ago (no exaggeration, you’d have to understand the local traffic patterns) so now instead of a ten minute drive to the pool it might be 15 minutes there and 45 minutes back. I went to my local grocery store a few days ago which is three miles away. It took me six minutes to get there and thirty minutes to get home! There’s an LA Fitness in that plaza with a pool but they keep it at 84! Disgusting!
It’s a minor crisis for me. I tried a Michael Phelps swim spa last month... not for me. I’m contemplating installing a 25m pool in my backyard. That might sound extreme but I really like my house and where I live.
Bummed too because I swam in open water a lot over the summer and felt really good about my fitness.

Well, diff strokes and all that but i'd rather drive or take the subway for 30 min each way to swim for 1-1.5 hr in a hot pool than ride a trainer by myself in a hotel room. Regarding building your own pool, ummm, you're only like 30 right??? I highly doubt you'll stay in your current house for the next 20 years or so, as you're bound to move sooner or later. To me the constant up-keep of the pool would be too much, and i don't think you can make a case for it being cheaper over the long term, given the fact that you could invest the $20K pool cost in a nice stock mutual fund and watch it grow over the years. But again diff strokes. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
I've been out of the pool since my last race in September. Masters restarts on Tuesday and I'm getting back on the horse.

I figure a few consecutive days of 5000 yards is the best way to develop shoulder soreness and give me a reason to get back out of the pool? Any way I can injure myself faster?

Injury = 5000 yrds w/ paddles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Phew. I thought you'd say you raced on gatorskins.
Quote Reply