Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cocktails
Quote | Reply
I just had a very tasty mule made with gin. Unfortunately I followed up up with a house specialty, a cranberry mojito. Yeah, don't do that. I figured what the hell, I like mojitos and I like cranberry vodka, what is the worst that could happen? This. This is the worst that could hapoen. WTF, have they never tasted it?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Cocktails [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A cranberry mojito sounds absolutely horrible. Just horrible.

I suggest you try windwave's go-to cocktail to cleanse the palate:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drink 3/4 of it and ask for a refund.

Re: Cocktails [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Sigh , not the same

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Cocktails [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know. I know. I miss wussywave as well ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This Americanized & fruitified mojito stuff just makes me sad. My last semester of university was spent in central Mexico. I would stop by a Cuban bar on the walk home from class a couple of days a week, having a couple of mojitos and some plaintain fritters. The mojitos were the real thing & phenomenal. Then I get home to the US and start seeing strangely flavored “mojitos” with unusual liquor. Uggghhh! Can’t Americans just leave good enough alone at some point?

j p o wrote:
I just had a very tasty mule made with gin. Unfortunately I followed up up with a house specialty, a cranberry mojito. Yeah, don't do that. I figured what the hell, I like mojitos and I like cranberry vodka, what is the worst that could happen? This. This is the worst that could hapoen. WTF, have they never tasted it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not much of a cocktail guy but lately I've really been enjoying negronis. There's a great italian place in town that makes a really good one.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Cocktails [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I'm not much of a cocktail guy but lately I've really been enjoying negronis. There's a great italian place in town that makes a really good one.

I'm a whiskey guy who doesn't like gin. So, I favor the Boulevarier, which is the negroni made with whiskey. Absolutely fantastic.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I'm a whiskey guy who doesn't like gin. So, I favor the Boulevarier, which is the negroni made with whiskey. Absolutely fantastic.

I remember you mentioning that drink to me before. I really need to get on that and try it. Sounds like it would be right up my alley.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Manhattan a day keeps the windywave away

Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

It was just fucking horrible. I am to blame. I knew it ahead of time. I asked for a Zima, they said they don't allow that hard of partying.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep, stick to the basics made well. vespers, negronis, manhattans . . . those are my staples. at a really good bar i'll order an aviation or a boulevardier or something more elaborate. i'm lucky to have several really good bars close by. . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply