Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA2 or Cervelo P3......Which One?
Quote | Reply
I'm purchasing a new tri bike and have narrowed it down to the Felt IA2 and Cervelo P3. The Felt comes with Quarq power meter, SRAM Red Etrap wireless, and storage box. The P3 is Ultegra Di2, and after adding a power meter will come in just under the IA2. I fit both. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA2 or Cervelo P3......Which One? [kevinbsauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same advice as in your other thread. The IA2 is a no brainer. Better components. Better Cockpit. Faster. Better storage. Looks better. Unless you like spending money on lower grade stuff, get the IA2.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jan 13, 18 14:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why did you create another thread on this?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unquestionably better value for Felt. Better frame, better components, better storage, faster, looks cooler (IMO).
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA2 or Cervelo P3......Which One? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Narrowed it down to two: looking for final confirmation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll pitch my nickel.

I have an IA16 (for sale BTW) and an IA4. My wife wanted a bike and of course she could get whatever she wanted, P3 Di2 was her choice.

I wanted her on an IA10, but she preferred the P3.

This said, the P3 is a really nice bike, but seems dated. Zero storage, old design, cables out in the open. But I like they use the complete groupset, I like how light it is, I like the finish on the frame and fork. I like the cockpit better than the IAXX bikes.

In your case, I echo everyone else, the Felt is a no brainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Cervelo would get it's head out of the sand and fix the lack of storage (for Pete's sake there is a bolt on the frame just waiting for it!!!!!) then I'd say the P3 hands down. It is light, a joy to ride, stable, and easy to wrench.

But if you're racing 70.3 or 140.6 the lack of storage is enough of a pain in the ass with the P3 that I'd say go Felt.

I'm not keen on bolting $200 worth of clutter behind my seat as Cervelo seems to want me to do, nor am I willing to throw down the coin for a P5x.

Given the number of P2,3,5's out there you'd think Cervelo would address this and treat their customers better.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA2 or Cervelo P3......Which One? [brosenhammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brosenhammer wrote:
If Cervelo would get it's head out of the sand and fix the lack of storage (for Pete's sake there is a bolt on the frame just waiting for it!!!!!) then I'd say the P3 hands down. It is light, a joy to ride, stable, and easy to wrench.

But if you're racing 70.3 or 140.6 the lack of storage is enough of a pain in the ass with the P3 that I'd say go Felt.

I'm not keen on bolting $200 worth of clutter behind my seat as Cervelo seems to want me to do, nor am I willing to throw down the coin for a P5x.

Given the number of P2,3,5's out there you'd think Cervelo would address this and treat their customers better.

Agreed. Get the Felt.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA2 or Cervelo P3......Which One? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I go to Triathlete.com and have to look at a Lamborghini edition P5x? Production run of 25? C'mon Cervelo, you're jumping the shark and screwing the vast majority of your loyal customers while creating niche halo product.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA2 or Cervelo P3......Which One? [brosenhammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brosenhammer wrote:
I go to Triathlete.com and have to look at a Lamborghini edition P5x? Production run of 25? C'mon Cervelo, you're jumping the shark and screwing the vast majority of your loyal customers while creating niche halo product.

That was a marketing plan with Lamborghini. Cervelo gave Lamborghini the bikes and Lamborghini painted them.

Quote Reply