Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How would you describe country X [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But let’s conveniently forget that Trump simply extended the waivers Obama already granted for paying the fines associated with the LIBOR scandal.
Quote Reply
Re: How would you describe country X [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Obama just got involved in a civil war in Syria and authorized an illegal war in Libya. Also loved killing civilians with drones and making relations worse across the Middle East.

And those same intelligence agencies you know hold up as being the center of truth regarding Russia are the same ones that told Bush there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Please make up your mind, it gets so hard listening to Democrats change the story to fit their ideals.
Quote Reply
Re: How would you describe country X [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you equate calling a "nation" a shithole, to saying it's people are "shitty"?
That's a bit of an extrapolation. I would certainly call the USA a "great" nation, I wouldn't equate that to mean the people are great in general (bunch of USAssholes if you ask me;). There are a lot of people here that are pretty shitty (my opinion), including a disproportionate number in positions of government.

So i would interpret calling a country a "shithole" to saying the quality of life is not good, a lot of people there would much rather be somewhere else. I don't interpret that to mean the people are necessarily at fault. I would certainly agree "shithole" is not diplomatic or "nice", but that doesn't mean it isn't apt. Likewise, there are certainly countries that are militarily weak and underdeveloped where in many ways the quality life is somewhat good. For example some people might say that about Cuba because of the excellent public health and literacy. They may lack a great extent of modern conveniences, but their simple life is one some may find very good.[/quote]
When the comment includes the idea that you don't want people from that country coming to your country I think the extrapolation is actually pretty logical.
Quote Reply

Prev Next