Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Anyone know where this guy went?

Wasn't he the guy who after trump torpedoed his immigration reform attempt last year asked where the other Trump went and could he have him back?

Politics in South Carolina can be tricky. For sure the wind direction shifted on him and he is keenly aware of it's current direction.

Don't know how long the other senator from that great state is going to hold it together as a Republican. If the silence of the GOP lasts much longer in support of the current president's direction, that party will be harmed in a significant way.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
jmh wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Same place as this guy went.

Will Hurd perhaps said it best:

"I think those tweets are racist, and xenophobic. They're also inaccurate. The four women he's referring to are actually citizens of the United States. Three of the four were born here. It's also behavior that's unbecoming of the leader of the free world. He should be talking about things that unite, not divide us."

Kasich also wondered where all the preachers are who preach 'tolerance and love for thy neighbour' from the pulpit, but refuse to condemn this kind of language from our president.

Here's a list of Republican with some semblance of spine. Hurd and Ernst have demonstrated the most integrity.

Senators:
Cornyn TX
Romney UT is on their list, but FFS what a weak statement. I wouldn't have included him.
Ernst IA- used the word racist.
Blunt MO
Scott SC
Collins of ME
Portman of OH

Congressional Reps:
Hurd TX - most damning statement of all of them. Hit the nail on the head.
Olson TX
Upton MI
Toomey PA
Mitchell MI
Brooks IN
King NY
Katko NY
Turner OH
Murkowski AK
Stefanik NY
Cole OK

That is it. 7 Senators of 53. 12 Reps of 197. 19 of 250. Pathetic.

I agree with Kasich. Trump must have pictures or tapes of Jerry Falwell Jr and his pool boy- one of the more outspoken anti-gay people in this country invested in his pool boy's gay friendly hostel. I've got no better explain unless Faldwell Jr does not understand the Bible and the teachings of Jesus.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Jul 16, 19 7:45
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
jmh wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Same place as this guy went.

Will Hurd perhaps said it best:

"I think those tweets are racist, and xenophobic. They're also inaccurate. The four women he's referring to are actually citizens of the United States. Three of the four were born here. It's also behavior that's unbecoming of the leader of the free world. He should be talking about things that unite, not divide us."

Kasich also wondered where all the preachers are who preach 'tolerance and love for thy neighbour' from the pulpit, but refuse to condemn this kind of language from our president.

Here's a list of Republican with some semblance of spine. Hurd and Ernst have demonstrated the most integrity.

Senators:
Cornyn TX
Romney UT is on their list, but FFS what a weak statement. I wouldn't have included him.
Ernst IA- used the word racist.
Blunt MO
Scott SC
Collins of ME
Portman of OH

Congressional Reps:
Hurd TX - most damning statement of all of them. Hit the nail on the head.
Olson TX
Upton MI
Toomey PA
Mitchell MI
Brooks IN
King NY
Katko NY
Turner OH
Murkowski AK
Stefanik NY
Cole OK

That is it. 7 Senators of 53. 12 Reps of 197. 19 of 250. Pathetic.

I agree with Kasich. Trump must have pictures or tapes of Jerry Falwell Jr and his pool boy- one of the more outspoken anti-gay people in this country invested in his pool boy's gay friendly hostel. I've got no better explain unless Faldwell Jr does not understand the Bible and the teachings of Jesus.

Murkowski is a Senator, not a Representative.. And she's been clear and definite in condemning Trump's comments.

As opposed to the other AK senator who is a weasel and addressed Trump's comments by saying that "“The National Democratic Party is increasingly turning into a far-left, open-borders, anti-Israel ..." Way to focus on the issues, Dan!
Last edited by: eb: Jul 16, 19 11:41
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that questioning someone on their ancestry or foreignness in this fashion is not necessarily racist. Most likely xenophobia. Possibly racist, but not necessarily so.

But when someone incorrectly assumes someone is foreign, one question should be how that person came to that incorrect assumption. We can't get into Trump's mind on this, but we can use other things he has said and done over time to help us draw a conclusion. It can still be lots of things, but it's not unreasonable to conclude that race was a likely factor.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put another way, what are the odds that race did not play into his mindset.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Put another way, what are the odds that race did not play into his mindset.

Or we can put it this was -- if you're going to challenge anyone who called the comments racist by pointing out that, in themselves and excluding all external evidence, they're at most xenophobic, you should also be calling out everyone on the other side who makes a definitive statement that the comments are not racist. Otherwise, you're just an apologist.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree.
Quote Reply

Prev Next