Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TRWPM 3rd edition?
Quote | Reply
Current edition is available in 7 languages and has sold almost 100k copies, but is now almost 8 y old. What would people want/expect to see in a 3rd edition?
Quote Reply
Re: TRWPM 3rd edition? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
W prime / FRC?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be waaaay more interested in seeing the next edition of TRWPM be 85% Stryd and 15% about a bike PM, at most

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the key here is in understanding the profile/ user type of the 10k buyers so far. I own it, and I'm just a guy with a bike and a power meter. I'm sure many buyers are coaches/ personal trainers or academics who be looking for something different to me.

I find the book has great content but it is heavy going. I don't refer to it anywhere near as much as I should do (though I just opened it again to reply to the thread). I probably missed out by not signing up for WKO+, but that software looks like a science course I don't have the time to dedicate to performing that kind of analysis. If suppose if I was serious about this I'd hire a coach, and I would expect them to use WK0+ along with them understanding the content of your book. However, there probably aren't 10k coaches buying the book.

So what would I want from a 3rd edition? Since I probably haven't used 70pc of the content of the current version, I don't think that making it even more cutting edge would change things for me. Instead, I'd like the book to be paired with an entertaining software based training program, to give me a virtual coach (rather than feeling like I need a coach to understand all of this, when it is just a hobby for me). Maybe partner up with a platform that offers an entertaining user experience, like Strava or Sufferfest, but take it one step further. Combine the entertainment aspect with your analytical rigor, taking real time performance data to vary the program where necessary. Update my FTP or power profile and power targets based on performance, have a training program that updates when it can tell that I'm struggling to keep up (rather than a screen telling me what a great job i did when I completely failed to hold the interval). Basically I'd like the moon on a stick please. But I would pay for that.

Other than that, the obvious updates are info on pedal based power systems, trainers with their own power numbers, L/R power analysis, training with TrainerRoad/ Strava/ modern training apps etc. But, for me, the closer you can get to automating a virtual coach the better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mountain biking application
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Current edition is available in 7 languages and has sold almost 100k copies, but is now almost 8 y old. What would people want/expect to see in a 3rd edition?

A chapter on Polarized training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A chapter on 4dp ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: TRWPM 3rd edition? [kbd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kbd wrote:
A chapter on 4dp ;-)

Done!

http://docdro.id/Zx0Y2tP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Your name first!

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Foreword by Trev. That would be cool.
Quote Reply
Re: TRWPM 3rd edition? [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregn wrote:
Foreword by Trev. That would be cool.

I was just gonna say to get Mark L to write it.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply