Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clarix Flo: anyone used this shot to heal their tendons?
Quote | Reply
There is a somewhat new injection you can get for helping aid tendon injuries, especially of the feet and ankles called Clarix Flo.

Before I spend $500 on the shot to heal my posterior tibial tendinitis, I was wondering if anyone has tried it and what your results were.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Clarix Flo: anyone used this shot to heal their tendons? [onlyinboulder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Subscribed! I'm just now starting to run again after being in run jail for the last 10 weeks with PTT. I'm cautiously optimistic, but in case it flares up again I'd love to know if this is a viable option to discuss with my Podiatrist. A quick Google search turned up a "study" that was done by the maker (Amniox) but no independent studies that I could find.
Quote Reply
Re: Clarix Flo: anyone used this shot to heal their tendons? [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had PTT off and on for 4 years now. It has finally been healed enough that I can run trails up to about 10 miles.

But I want to ramp back up to marathon distance again and without the tendon fully healing, it just gets inflamed at higher mileage weeks.

I have read the studies as well but I want consumer opinions and I was only able to find one thread of them and it was not athletes.

Fingers crossed this is the miracle drug it has been rolled out as. I will probably roll the dice and get it done. My appt is set for Feb 6.
Quote Reply
Re: Clarix Flo: anyone used this shot to heal their tendons? [onlyinboulder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a little more searching, looking for first-hand input on it, and came across this thread in another forum. You may have seen it already:

https://patient.info/...is-treatment--511330

That patient received the injections for plantar fasciitis, and their outcome post-injection was not favorable. They ended up having surgery, where the PF was discovered to have been 10-13mm thick, so I'm not sure that it was reasonable to expect this injection to have helped in that case.

One big takeaway for me from that discussion was the massive inflammation response that patient experienced post-injection. It would seem to me that this is not something I would want to try unless I'd exhausted all other options and was already out of commission and willing to put up with a lot of short-term pain and several weeks/months of missed running post-injection.
Quote Reply
Re: Clarix Flo: anyone used this shot to heal their tendons? [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the thread I read too. I have some trail races coming up in early spring so I can not lose several weeks due to downtime related to the shot.

I asked my podiatrist about it. Specifically- CAN I DRIVE HOME? How much pain is there? Can I walk afterwards? Etc etc.

She said I would not be allowed to walk home (I live about a mile down the street) but that no one had to come with me, I could drive home, and there is little recovery time.

I also specifically asked her about pain. She says she gives a numbing shot so that the Clarix needle does not hurt. But I neglected to ask her about pain afterwards.

I see her again in 2 weeks for other issues non-related to the PTT and I will ask her again. When can I run again? Will I have pain after? I'll ask her the complete details on recovery. The solution is mixed together the day of the shot and takes 30 minutes to set up. They do this to avoid losing money if someone no shows.

I like my doc and she is also a fellow runner. They have posters for this shot in every treatment room there. They want to sell it but I know they want it to be successful too. Boulder is a small community and people talk.

Wish me luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck! Please post back with your experience. I'd love to hear how it goes.
Quote Reply
Re: Clarix Flo: anyone used this shot to heal their tendons? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went back to the podiatrist this week and she said the shot is not painful at the time of injection because she uses an anesthetic. HOWEVER--once that wears off, it is VERY painful for about 2 weeks and there is no running in this time period.

I have been doing PT every day on that ankle because I sprained it pretty badly snowboarding. Also slight fracture to the ankle bone. The PT exercises have helped the PTT so much! I'm running again and am going to hold off getting the Clarix Flo shot.

There is a great podcast by Joe Rogan with Mel Gibson on it that goes into a lot of detail about stem cell shots and how they help teach old cells to act new again. Definitely worth a listen if you are considering stem cell shots.

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/...bson-dr-neil-riordan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow. an injection made of placenta and umbilical cord extracts. Seems speculative at best, to me.

http://www.closerlookatstemcells.org/...eb-only.pdf?sfvrsn=2

The range of diseases for which there are proven treatments based on stem cells is still extremely
small. Disorders of the blood and immune system and acquired loss of bone marrow function can, in
some cases, be treated effectively with blood stem cell transplantation.
Other stem cell treatments are still experimental. This means that it has not yet been shown that this
treatment is safe or that it will work.
Quote Reply
Re: Clarix Flo: anyone used this shot to heal their tendons? [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I'm trying to heal it with PT exercises and massage. I can run without pain for shorter distances and under 25 mpw. But to train for a marathon, I need a lot more miles and that's when the pain in the tendon comes back.
Quote Reply