Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HRM strap for running in Zwift (iPad)
Quote | Reply
I'm sure this has been covered here, but my search skills appear to be lacking today.

When I ride in Zwift I'm using a Tacx Neo and an older Garmin ANT+ HRM strap into a MacBook Pro via an ANT+ dongle, and everything is great. Now I want to run in Zwift at the gym. I have a Stryd footpod so I'm running in Zwift with pace/cadence but I'd like to add HR. I've tried the newer Garmin HRM strap that came with my 935, but the iPad won't find it. Any suggestions for a BT HRM strap that an iPad will recognize and will work in Zwift?
Quote Reply
Re: HRM strap for running in Zwift (iPad) [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need pretty much any Bluetooth HRM strap. I use a Scosche Rhythm+ and love it. Probably every HR strap not made by Garmin would work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe that the 935 will retransmit HR; DC Rainmaker outlines it in his review. Might be an option?

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need a bluetooth hrm strap. Any of the Wahoo HRM would work. 4iiii HRM would also work and act as an ANT+ to BLE bridge as well if you have any ant+ only device that you want to convert to Bluetooth.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: HRM strap for running in Zwift (iPad) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect. Thanks everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: HRM strap for running in Zwift (iPad) [jmb667] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmb667 wrote:
I believe that the 935 will retransmit HR.
Yes, but only Ant+. You need Bluetooth to connect to a phone or gym equipment.
Quote Reply
Re: HRM strap for running in Zwift (iPad) [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:
You need a bluetooth hrm strap. Any of the Wahoo HRM would work. 4iiii HRM would also work and act as an ANT+ to BLE bridge as well if you have any ant+ only device that you want to convert to Bluetooth.
I use a Wahoo Tickr and it works perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ive noticed the wahoo chest strap will start to loosen up on its own over time. when i was using it regularly i would tighten it up a little before every run just to be on the safe side if it decided to work its way too loose in the middle of my run. however, its fine for the bike.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a TICKR Run on a Garmin chest strap. The Wahoo chest straps are not very good, but the dual-band TICKR unit itself has been great. I led a ride recently and this question came up and basically 95% of everyone who piped up said the same - "TICKR on Garmin strap..."

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: HRM strap for running in Zwift (iPad) [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scosche Rhythm+
Quote Reply
Re: HRM strap for running in Zwift (iPad) [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! I just picked up a Tickr but haven't had a chance to use it yet. The first thing that struck me when taking it out of the package was how cheesy the chest strap was. Good to know I can use a Garmin strap with it.
Quote Reply