Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha! When I went to my local Oakley store I chose from a bunch of colors for my custom Radarlocks. Roka is offering the same thing Oakley does

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does anywhere in the US stock roka sunnies? Ill be coming over from australia in april and would love to try them on before I order. I have a pair of the Kona sunnies I bought in 2016 at (funnily enough) kona, and they are the best sunnies I have ever owned but I'd like some that are better for cycling.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [Brett runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roka is direct to consumer only. Maybe someone on here can meet up and show you the new glasses.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I though as much. Anyone doing boston marathon? Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [layaway tay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
layaway tay wrote:
None of those brands are worth that much.
Why not?
Which brand(s) is/are?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a fan of glasses that have "top bars" for cycling. I suppose the SL would be okay but my Tifosi Podiums work well for me, have all sorts of lens options and are roughly 25% the cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gonna get some custom Rokas this week but debating on lens color. Pretty much want one set for ALL conditions, live in the PacNW so we get it all.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [MattQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 3 different lenses

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well thats not helpful and from how you talk them up easy to get when you get a deal haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy Roka because I like them.

Anyways, the Fusion Mirror is really popular from what Roka told me. I bought it and Glacier Mirror. My regular SR-1X lenses is the Carbon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
funny those are two colors was looking at but based on what they list are very similar they have another one too that looked like great for all conditions but would clash with pink frames

thanks, was just giving hard time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've worn my Rokas with the HC Octane mirror (21% light transmission) all year and they have been great. The lens color has a little red to it while the gold coating on the front makes them look amber from the front. It's a great lens that proved to be quite versatile (a little like the "famous" G30 lens from Oakley was) whether on mixed/cloudy days, in shade, on bright summer rides along the coast, or on bright winter runs when there's sun & snow.

I recently bought a dark bronze accessory lens and a clear lens for this pair (SL-1X). The dark bronze (13% transmission) is much darker than the HCOctane and should be great for really bright days, while the clear lens seems to be very high quality and has been superb so far. Swapping lenses was also really easy – something one can't do with similar Oakley frames (like the EV Zero), at least not easily.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're going to hate me... picked up 3 pairs of Pivlocks with spare lenses for £30 each.

They're still loitering on amazon uk for £32 upwards... If you're OK with aqua as the arm colour (I am, it matches my employer's colours).
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
Not a fan of glasses that have "top bars" for cycling. I suppose the SL would be okay but my Tifosi Podiums work well for me, have all sorts of lens options and are roughly 25% the cost.

Our GP-1 and GP-1x would be a great fit for you then. There is no upper frame to obstruct your vision, and a lower rocker to add protection.

ROKA Customer Experience | support@roka.com | 877-985-7652 M-F 7:30a-8p S 9a-5p CST
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [ROKA_CX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ROKA_CX wrote:
xeon wrote:

Our GP-1 and GP-1x would be a great fit for you then. There is no upper frame to obstruct your vision, and a lower rocker to add protection.

Genuine question, not hassling about price: why is the GP-1 so much more expensive than the SL-1? i can get SL-1 with a 2nd lens for less than the GP-1!
they appear to be the same other than the lower frame - what am i missing?

also FYI i really like photochromic lenses for cycling so you just slap them on and ride through whatever the weather does - early morning dull start through to midday sun or cloud and rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just heard Howard read an advert for ROKA sunglasses this morning. Pretty cool. I never thought I'd hear a triathlon brand advertise on SiriusXM, let alone Howard. BABBABOOEY!!!

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
Got a pair of Roka Ti's for Christmas. I have a lot of sunglasses Ray Ban, Oakley, AO (heavy), Sun Cloud, Persol....the Rokas are my favorite by far. Nothing else is close. So light, so clear. Perfect! Just ordered another pair

How are the lenses? I got a couple different Oakley Prizm lenses over the last fews years and was shocked by how well those lenses work.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW....I ordered a pair of Roka sunglasses and think that the frames are better than Oakleys, very light and often times never feel pressure from the frames. However, I think Oakleys have the better lenses. Its a toss up, both are excellent and worth the $$

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we are getting Roka promotional spots when we watch HGTV streaming app now.. focused on their eye glasses/sun glasses.. their "value proposition" as communicated by the ad is that they don't slip off when you shake your head back and forth and up and down

i tested my eye glasses and sun glasses, neither of which is roka.. they did not slip despite attempting all the crazy movements highlighted in the commercial.. so remind me again what roka's value prop is in this space?
Last edited by: milkman1982: Jun 25, 19 12:59
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most comfortable, lightest glasses I have used. I have lots of sunglasses Oakley, Ray-Ban, Revo, Tifosi....you name it. Roka's are my favorite.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
Most comfortable, lightest glasses I have used. I have lots of sunglasses Oakley, Ray-Ban, Revo, Tifosi....you name it. Roka's are my favorite.

^^^Pretty much this. I put them on for running or riding and forget they're there. Light, comfortable, great optics, better looking than most "athletic" sunglasses, and they never ever slip no matter how sweaty I get. Easily the best glasses I've ever owned and their customer service is great as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka launches custom sunglasses [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to be clear the commercial is not about performance sunglasses. i have been an eye glass wearer for 20 years and a leisure sunglasses wearer for longer than that. i can't say i have ever had an issue with glasses falling off, slipping, or "weight of the glasses issues"..

i had my annual eye appointment last night, and while i did not invest in new frames, i can't see where roka is going to differentiate themselves here, unless they are going to come in at a cheaper price point (doubtful based on their historic price points).

i find slippage hard to fathom in eye glasses, and even if it was a problem, it should be obvious to everyone that Navin Johnson figured this out nearly 50 years ago.
Quote Reply

Prev Next