Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Two Variations of the Di2 SW-R9160 Bar-end Switch?
Quote | Reply
I am planning my TT Di2 upgrade, and it looks like there are two different versions of the SW-R9160 bar end shift button. One has an expander, and the other looks like a simple bar plug. Is anyone familiar with Shimano's line and if one is a newer version than the other? Which is the "right," or best button to choose?

Here are a couple example pictures:

Quote Reply
Re: Two Variations of the Di2 SW-R9160 Bar-end Switch? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the plug version (lower one) was just their first released pictures of it, but it got changed to the expander one before it reached the market.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Variations of the Di2 SW-R9160 Bar-end Switch? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like a copy of the eTap Clics

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Two Variations of the Di2 SW-R9160 Bar-end Switch? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I like SRAM's Clics better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The SW-R9160's I bought are the expander type as in the top picture, never saw any purchase/product links for the ones in the second picture.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Variations of the Di2 SW-R9160 Bar-end Switch? [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likewise. My new R9160 shifters have the expander and have not seen a second option on Shimano's p2p.
Quote Reply