Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Outerbanks Triathlon [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the sprint last year and really enjoyed it, even though I had a bad cold when I did it. I’m likely moving in July for grad school but may still come back and do their Olympic or half this year. Very well organized and a great course. Can get very windy on the bridge so you’ll be flying in one direction and feel like you’ve got the brakes on coming back in. The swim is great.
Quote Reply
Re: Outerbanks Triathlon [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The food....they bring in a different food truck each year I've been there. First year was baked potatoes with ALL the fixins. The other two years was pizza and barbeque sandwiches. It's been a surprise each year. Did I mention free beer. Make sure you bring an ID to get your bracelet, they won't accept the age on your bib.

It's a bit tricky to find the maps. Here's a link

https://www.itsyourrace.com/EventCourses.aspx?id=58
Quote Reply
Re: Outerbanks Triathlon [dave6768] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you guys done it since the new race director took over.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Jan 11, 18 19:17
Quote Reply
Re: Outerbanks Triathlon [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I missed 2016, but did 2013, 2014, and 2015. If I do it this year, I’ll do either the Olympic, or the half aquabike due to my recent knee surgery.
Quote Reply
Re: Outerbanks Triathlon [dave6768] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully we can get the st gathering going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Hopefully we can get the st gathering going.

or at the very least a North Carolina masters racer smacktalk showdown...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Have you guys done it since the new race director took over.

I'd like to hear about positive changes new leadership brings to the Outerbanks Tri. I did the half a few years ago and found it severely lacking. SUPER ugly bike course mostly through a dead swamp, twice (in one of the most beautiful locations on the planet), run was mostly on residential neighborhood sidewalks, and post-race amenities and awards were nearly non-existent. I remember thinking "I traveled all this way for THIS race???"

I'm a huge fan of local, home grown triathlon, but vowed to never do this race again in its current form.
Quote Reply
Re: Outerbanks Triathlon [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well.... LOL
Quote Reply

Prev Next