Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Switching from SPD-SL (Yellow) to Look. What's the equivalent Look cleat?
Quote | Reply
Getting a Vector 3S which unfortunately uses a Look cleat. I currently have the SPD-SL in Yellow and would like something similiar in terms of float etc. Is the Look (red) pedal the same roughly as the Yellow SL cleat?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from SPD-SL (Yellow) to Look. What's the equivalent Look cleat? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yellow SPD sl cleat is 6 degrees, grey Keo is 4.5, red is 9.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from SPD-SL (Yellow) to Look. What's the equivalent Look cleat? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say get the gray one if you could live with slightly less float, and get the red one if you like more float. Personally, I like the gray cleats, as the red ones feel more "ice skatey" to me, and takes more rotation to unclip than I'm used to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTNY wrote:
Getting a Vector 3S which unfortunately uses a Look cleat. I currently have the SPD-SL in Yellow and would like something similiar in terms of float etc. Is the Look (red) pedal the same roughly as the Yellow SL cleat?

Thanks
The Exustar ARC-2 red cleat (which is what is shipped with Vector pedals) is 6 degrees float.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from SPD-SL (Yellow) to Look. What's the equivalent Look cleat? [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big Endian wrote:
JTNY wrote:

Thanks

The Exustar ARC-2 red cleat (which is what is shipped with Vector pedals) is 6 degrees float.

Good to know thanks, I think the Yellow SPD-SL's has the same amount of float.
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from SPD-SL (Yellow) to Look. What's the equivalent Look cleat? [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the whole ARC2 / Keo thing is a pain in the ass... same colors for both system, but different floats for each of them... I'm waiting on my Vector 3s and will be transitioning from Speedplay Zeros... I'll try the stock cleats which as mentioned are 6degree float, but may end up going down to 4.5 (while the zeros can offer tons of float, I always adjusted me cleats down to around 5degrees of float, since I felt a cleaner connection with the pedal that way...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None are the same, the Shimano system pivots at the front and the Look pivots at the back.
It's a different motion.
Quote Reply