Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Likeliest New Race You'd Do Poll
Quote | Reply
Dan,

While pacing a buddy of mine at the Rio 100 miler in your neck of the woods, I ran into a lady who does Ride and Tie, which is basically riding a horse and running. It will be a new race for me and something I never new existed.

http://www.rideandtie.org/

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Likeliest New Race You'd Do Poll [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are also races where you run with dogs or other animals. I did the Punxatawney 50 miler a while back and it was Man (runner) versus Bike (cyclist) versus Horse (equestrian) and all participants started staggered with runners first, followed by bikes and then horses.
Quote Reply
Re: Likeliest New Race You'd Do Poll [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I would love a race you did with your dog. I might be a middling runner, but my dog man, she can run!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skip into a minute of this video for a guy who can beat the current WR by being dragged by his dog. Really cool actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq3P_Lo7w6o

Quote Reply
Re: Likeliest New Race You'd Do Poll [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a cool video!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Petco used to have a 5k series for dogs and owner. Surprised it folded, had good attendance. Winner here did it in 16min. In December we have a Santa Mile of varying divisions including dog mile.. fastest dog with owner was a German Shepherd doing 5:00 flat

As for the poll, wish aquathlon was an option, since swim-run is a different soort
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really directed at you Sanrafaeltri, but more a general comment.

I'm pretty surprised how evenly the interest (or lack thereof) is split between these races. There are several race types that I would like to try on there, but I think it is a great sign for any RD willing to go out on a limb and put on a different style of race.
Quote Reply