Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Jan 9, 18 19:59
Re: Shoes for running in rain [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Vincible wrote:

As a resident of the Pacific Northwest and a participant in the 100/100 challenge, I would like to think that I can advise from a position of authority.

Yeah sure, must be a nice drizzle over/down there all the time.

If it rains hard, your super-shieldy material will do nothing to prevent your feet soaking through from the legs (unless you wear rain pants and gaiters).

And in my young stupidity buying into the newest shield technology over and over again, I only found that they all leak sooner rather than later...or don't breath at all because of the overlays.

On running forums, there are some good tips for blister prevention in the wet, and some work really well without fancy doodads.
This winter has been much drier than last, where we had measurable rain every day for 6 straight weeks. But, today was 4 miles with wet socks with no issues.
I actually pair my fancy doodad shoes with gaiters, and they breath much better than other shoes with a fancy outer coating. I was a doubter, too, but they are amazing. They use a one piece liner so the only point of entry is the collar. (I do not work for Columbia, I just like their products) On a cool wet day, I suspect you could get about an hour before they get too wet on the inside.

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply

Prev Next