Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BTS Hydration Options for QR PR3
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

I've learned a lot about hydration techniques from this forum and had decided on running one BTA bottle and one BTS bottle for my first 70.3 (St. George) later this year and first full (LP).

However, I'm having trouble getting a BTS bottle to fit on my new Quintana Roo PR3! Seems like the combination of my saddle position + QBox (stock rear gear box) makes a BTS bottle tricky. I've tried an XLab Delta 300 and XLab Delta 425, but they don't work (pictures below for the curious): https://imgur.com/a/6QdJx

For those of you who are also using a rear gear box similar to the QBox (whether QR or otherwise), do you have any suggestions? Or maybe I'm out of luck and should just run an aero bottle in the triangle? Wouldn't be the worst thing, but would like to avoid it if at all possible!

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for a BTA holder, I'm all ears. I've checked out XLab, Torhan, Profile Design, etc., and they all look pretty similar. Anybody have a favorite they would recommend? I'm exploring using Tailwind or Infinit as my nutrition on the bike (my understanding is I can keep a bottle of concentrate and swap out the other water bottle at aid stations along the way).
Last edited by: JonathanNYC: Jan 8, 18 12:15
Quote Reply
Re: BTS Hydration Options for QR PR3 [JonathanNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can run a Xlab Turbo Wing or Super/Carbon wing and only use one bottle. These carries sit up a bit higher than the single bottle holders.

Brian Jacobson
Fit2Ride Velo Studio
http://www.fit2ridevelo.com
Quote Reply
Re: BTS Hydration Options for QR PR3 [BrianJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianJ wrote:
You can run a Xlab Turbo Wing or Super/Carbon wing and only use one bottle. These carries sit up a bit higher than the single bottle holders.
Thanks! I hadn't seen these options. I'll look into giving them a shot. Hope they work. Maybe I can't have it all!
Quote Reply