Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Something ive been keeping a secret, only rick_pcfl knew. [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm smiling with joy for you. :)

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Something ive been keeping a secret, only rick_pcfl knew. [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am glad everyone is doing well and I wish the best for baby, parents and grandparents.
Quote Reply
Re: Something ive been keeping a secret, only rick_pcfl knew. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Congrats! Here I thought I would end up being the youngest grandparent in the LR.

Beat ya! I think youll like this given your secret sappyness and fondness for liquor...

My dad, flew up of course to meet his first great grand child. one night back at the hotel, he asked me to stick around and he broke out a bottle of don julio real anjeo as a gift and we toasted to being grandfathers. It was one of those moments ill never forget. I plan on making that a family tradition.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Something ive been keeping a secret, only rick_pcfl knew. [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
I'm smiling with joy for you. :)

Thanks! Ive been smiling about it for 2 months!

Quote Reply
Re: Something ive been keeping a secret, only rick_pcfl knew. [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I am glad everyone is doing well and I wish the best for baby, parents and grandparents.

Thank you, he has no shortage of love. It still feels weird to know im a grandpa

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats!!! It only gets better. Hopefully you live close. I get to see mine several times a week and it is always enjoyable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

My dad, flew up of course to meet his first great grand child. one night back at the hotel, he asked me to stick around and he broke out a bottle of don julio real anjeo as a gift and we toasted to being grandfathers. It was one of those moments ill never forget. I plan on making that a family tradition.

This made me smile. Outstanding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! Its great to get them started young with camping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations.

I think being a young grandparent must be a win-win. You're young enough to do active things with them (and not get too wiped out) plus you'll be around with full faculties when they reach adulthood and seek some wise counsel.

My grandparents all passed when I was young and I always thought it would be nice to be able to chat with them as an adult.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Yeah, its worth every penny. Im already planning out camping trips with my son and grandson and dreaming about what kind of great gear rei will have for kids in about 5 years.

There is no need to wait 5 years. :-) My son is 8 months old and there is already a fly rod sitting in the corner with his name on it. I routinely scope out things at REI or STP that he'll "grow" in to in the next year or so.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! That's awesome!
What's the baby's name?
Hope mom is doing well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Jan 7, 18 9:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! We had our first kid a few months ago. It's really touching to see my dad with her.

It must be nice to not only have to worry about your own kid, but now your kid's kid as well ;-).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next